Something like Craigslist in Cuenca?

I'm looking for a good way to offload a google nexus 7 tablet that just came out in the states a few weeks back. I bought it for my  brother in law who then said he wanted an ipad.

I checked out the classifieds on this site but from the lack of posts i suspect it doesn't get much play.

Anyone know of a good site to post an to sell this in the city? I'm still here for two weeks.

GringoTree

I bet you can sell it for a profit on Gringo Tree. However, if you want to sell it for cost, I am willing to buy it from you.

There are some instructions on how to post an ad on Gringo Tree. I will try to dig them up if somebody doesn't beat me to it.

How to send a GringoTree message and GringoTree rules

Email your message to [email protected]. There is no charge for posting.

Please note: GringoTree is an email service sponsored by CuencaHighLife.com; it is not a website or an email forum.

Rules: keep it as short as possible and include a contact name. If it is about items for sale, include the price. If it is about an event, send it in several days in advance and be sure to include the "who, what, when and where" information. Look at recent postings for grammar and style standards; please check spelling and punctuation (pre-editing saves us time). Avoid excessive superlatives and all caps. We will edit as needed for space, style and clarity. Please note that we cannot include attachments to GringoTree emails. Please double-check phone numbers, email and web addresses. Please do not send us instructions on how to edit or when to send out messages (we are a small, volunteer effort and are unable to take orders or perform "bookkeeping" functions). Depending on the number of messages in our in-box and editing requirements, it may be two to three days before a message is sent out.

We are not a commercial advertising service but will run notices from businesses announcing what we think are good deals for our subscribers, particularly special events, discounts and needed services. We also post announcements of new businesses or professional services or, announcements about established businesses or services that have not been included in GringoTree previously. Except in the case of some scheduled events we do not repeat messages although exceptions can be made by contacting the moderator. We do not accept messages advertising items from other commercial websites, such as eBay. We accept and encourage messages from subscribers recommending businesses or professionals but they must include the recommenderŽs name and email address. We do not include real estate (for sale or for rent) ads except for those advertising homestays and rooms for rent and those seeking a rental.

We are not responsible for the information contained in GringoTree posts. Subscribers should always conduct their own due diligence.

GringoTree currently has 4,125 subscribers.

For locals you can look at www.oxl.com  or
www.clasificadoscuenca.com

Vinny

awesome! love the name..... i'll see how that pans out

my 5 cents: olx.com.ec, mercadolibre.com.ec

There is a Craig's list for Ecuador.

There is, thanks, but i've tried it a few times over the past few years and find it a deadzone. it isn't as well known here from the locals i speak with.

I agree, try Gringo Tree or Olx.com.ec

Why don't you try selling it on the Gringo Tree?  Every day, there are electronic items for sale and from what I have heard, they sell quickly.  And too, you might say what you want for it.

Good luck from a former Bostonian.

Carole. An ex-pat since November, 2011.