New in expat and in saudi

Hi everyone i am new here in expat and i don't know what to do.I just registered here to look for a part time job and to find new friends here in Saudi Arabia.Life here is very different unlike in the Philippines.Hope to find a job so that i will not be bored..
Thank you....

Hi joyce, welcome to the blog.. Hope you'll kick boredom soon enough.. What do you mean by life is different here ??

thank you,
what i mean difficult here because in our country we can go outside alone we can walk around we can go to the mall.but here before you can go to one place to another you need someone to drive you or to be with you.if you dont have a car for women like me we stay in our house...

ghanshyampdave wrote:

What do you mean by life is different here ??

I think that's pretty obvious .. but oh yes, you're not here.  But you'll find out if/when you do get here.

actually sir im here already in Saudi Arabia for months.Thats the reason why i said life is different here.Very obvious that Saudi Arabia is not an open country.There is a boundaries for females.maybe in such time i can pass this difficulties.

Wait for another 500yrs if you want to drive a car in this country.. :lol:  I guess you'll get used to the things here once you find a good job.. Good luck to you :-)

Alliecat wrote:
ghanshyampdave wrote:

I think that's pretty obvious .. but oh yes, you're not here.  But you'll find out if/when you do get here.

Yes, yes, that's true.. I'm trying to know what exact difficulties do ppl face.. And how can they overcome these. I'm sure i'll face similar hurdles in a month's time..

Confusion!!!  Sorry !!

Joyce, I know you're here, I was talking to Dave.  And no need to call me 'sir' .. you may just call me 'your highness' :lol:  (joking, BTW).

Dave, you'll have it easier than a woman here.  But just read all the threads--we're always discussing life in KSA, the in's and out's (mostly out's :lol:).

Best of luck to all!

Alliecat wrote:
ghanshyampdave wrote:

Living in a western compound must be much better, I guess.. Why are they called western anyways??

Alliecat wrote:

Confusion!!!  Sorry !!

Joyce, I know you're here, I was talking to Dave.  And no need to call me 'sir' .. you may just call me 'your highness' :lol:  (joking, BTW).

Dave, you'll have it easier than a woman here.  But just read all the threads--we're always discussing life in KSA, the in's and out's (mostly out's :lol:).

Best of luck to all!

Well, that defines KSA.. I've read your informative blogs / posts on getting the visas / iqamas to getting a driving licence.. From visiting a neighbouring country to paying your medical bills.. I weighed the pros and cons about life in the kingdom, before making the big decision. I just hope that government policies and moods dont change suddenly in adverse manner..

ghanshyampdave wrote:
Alliecat wrote:
ghanshyampdave wrote:

Living in a western compound must be much better, I guess.. Why are they called western anyways??

Yes it is slightly better. The people staying inside are mostly of the western countries and also most of the religious sanctions are not applicable once inside the compound.

ghanshyampdave wrote:

Well, that defines KSA.. I've read your informative blogs / posts on getting the visas / iqamas to getting a driving licence.. From visiting a neighbouring country to paying your medical bills.. I weighed the pros and cons about life in the kingdom, before making the big decision. I just hope that government policies and moods dont change suddenly in adverse manner..

I bet you are going in the right direction !! :)

Good Luck.

ghanshyampdave wrote:

I just hope that government policies and moods dont change suddenly in adverse manner..

You'll be fine but I would advise you to have a *goal* here.  In other words, a sum of money you want to save or a number of years you will spend or career experience, for example.  The goal keeps you focused and going if things get miserable for you.  And when you reach the goal, you can re-evaluate.  You can leave .. or formulate a new goal and stay.

If you don't reach the goal, there's no shame in that. 

KSA has been an experience I will never, ever regret.

Cheers!

Alliecat wrote:

You'll be fine but I would advise you to have a *goal* here.  In other words, a sum of money you want to save or a number of years you will spend or career experience, for example.  The goal keeps you focused and going if things get miserable for you.  And when you reach the goal, you can re-evaluate.  You can leave .. or formulate a new goal and stay.

If you don't reach the goal, there's no shame in that. 

KSA has been an experience I will never, ever regret.

Cheers!

I agree with you cent percent. Its very very important to have the clear targets set in your mind and look towards achieveing them. :top:

Hello people,
I am new in alkhobar as well as on expats. Can someone please guide me as to what sort of lifestyle goes on here. How to make friends, parties n all ?? By the looks of it, coming from greece i think il have to change myself alot :-P ..
Looking forward to your posts, suggestions and advices.
Thanks.

@Alliecat and @Saimans: Thanks a lot.. I can count on you people and the rest of the Expat.comgers for some valuable advice.. :thanks:

Ghanshyam Dave

RICHnSEXY_Prince wrote:

Hello people,
I am new in alkhobar as well as on expats. Can someone please guide me as to what sort of lifestyle goes on here. How to make friends, parties n all ?? By the looks of it, coming from greece i think il have to change myself alot :-P ..
Looking forward to your posts, suggestions and advices.
Thanks.

Parties ????? :dumbom:

Living in Western Compounds will allow you to continue your lifestyle as it is.. You can have a pleasant social life in there..
Outside the Compound, you need to be a little conservative I guess..
Good luck to you..

ghanshyampdave wrote:

@Alliecat and @Saimans: Thanks a lot.. I can count on you people and the rest of the Expat.comgers for some valuable advice.. :thanks:

Ghanshyam Dave

Dont count on me, Alliecat is the better bet !!! :P

saimans wrote:
ghanshyampdave wrote:

Ghanshyam Dave

Dont count on me, Alliecat is the better bet !!! :P

Actually, TLL is the guy with the good *hard* information. Of course, being a guy--and a tech guy, at that!--he gets around a lot more than I do :)

:o At first, I did't believe my eyes. Did I REALLY get a compliment from @Alliecat?...then someone by the way reminded me taht today is 01 April :lol:

Kidding....Many Thanks @Allie

TheLegendLeads wrote:

:o At first, I did't believe my eyes. Did I REALLY get a compliment from @Alliecat?...then someone by the way reminded me taht today is 01 April :lol:

Kidding....Many Thanks @Allie

Well, I 'calls 'em like I sees 'em' !!  And you do know a lot about stuff that many of us are ignorant of --details about visas, etc. Good information to be able to pass on here.

Glad to be of help always; it's like Oxygen for me now :) Thanks to EB.

One concern that always keep bothering me: Things change here @ the speed of light :unsure

Hmmm.. Now I know, whom to ask when things change in saudi..  :cool: Hats off to you guys and EB..