Online shopping in Ghana...

Is there an appetite for online shopping in the Ghanain expat community?

I have seen companies offering such services on the web. They come up on Facebook from time to time but I personally haven't looked in to it. I think most expats would probably have contacts who travel and can bring them the things they need but it will be interesting to see what response you get.
I know it is very difficult to shop online in Ghana because of the inability to use credit cards. We can't even get Norton Antivirus because we live in Ghana!

How interesting. Thanks for your response.
I was one of those start ups, though because I'm based in the UK, IO can offer Paypal and credit card payments...I was never able to reach the expat community tho...and it's such a hassle to know you owe someone a favour because of extortionate prices in Ghana or the cost for inconvenience of sitting in traffic towards Accra Mall and such like...

I still believe in the idea - if only broadband would be cheaper and I have a way to alleviate expat fears....

hi,
There is a big apetite for buying online, but there is a big problem for the delivery.
How will you manage that part.

Br

bertrand

(Moderated)

of course there is an big appetite for buying online. last 2 months i found in my research a website (moderated: no ads please) you can buy your product without walking a lot around Accra.