English couple looking for a room district 1/3

Hi,

I am looking for an apartment at the moment with my girlfriend.

We are both English teachers and work for ILA. I will be working at the following school:

ILA Centre 1
402, Nguyễn Thị Minh Khai, P.5, Q.3

My girlfriend will be working at the following school:

ILA Centre 3
51 Nguyen Cu Trinh, phường Nguyễn Cư Trinh, District 1

We are looking for an apartment that will be walking distance to these schools. Our requirements are as follows:

We are in a serviced apartment in Binh Thanh District at the moment and would consider this again (if it is big). We are moving out because our current place is too small and it is too far from our schools.

If you think you have an apartment that would suit our requirements please contact me.

My email is [email protected]

If you have photographs please attach these to your email.

Thanks for your help!

Ben

Hello Ben!

I invite you to post an advert in HCMC classifieds > accommodation section/ flats for rent.

Harmonie.:)

Look in Craigs list for VietNam.

Remember, BY LAW, VN landlords HAVE TO ACCEPT DONG as payment (not the only USD racket) AND LANDLORDS CAN'T SELL YOU ELECTRICITY. They can include electricity in your rent, they can charge you a fixed amount (as in UNMETERED) BUT THE LAW IS VERY, VERY CLEAR - ONLY EVN (Electricity VietNam) can sell you metered electricity. This is because landlords can be crooks and have the fastest meters in town.

You might be asked for TWO MONTHS rent deposit - this is the going rate. GET A RECEIPT.

Oh, and change the lock on your room door - landlords can be nosey, thieves.

Make sure they register you at the police station and get the landlord to show you YOUR ENTRY in his PINK BOOK. He will need your Passport and Visa for this registration. If you aren't registered, it means you are illegal.

Jaitch wrote:

Look in Craigs list for VietNam.

Remember, BY LAW, VN landlords HAVE TO ACCEPT DONG as payment (not the only USD racket)

Right, but they will always insist on monthly payment based on USD to be converted to VND at the going rate (using say, Vietcom bank published rate). Good luck if you can find a landlord accepting monthly payment based on VND, with the current inflation rate.

Anatta:
I agree with what you say but some tenants are unaware of the law. I know people who pay in fixed amounts of VN Dong but the monthly payment is recalculated every 6 months.

Can anyone recommend any good rental agents - we are really struggling to find somewhere!

I know a good one but she only does The Manor and the Pearl, which are not what you are looking for. PM me if you want her contact number.

I lived in District 1 about 10 minutes walk from ILA Ng Thi Minh Khai and ILA Nguyen Cu Trinh.My landlord has an apartment near Zen Plaza.PM me if you need his number.He caters to foreigners.He has 2 apartments and 1 guesthouse, all located in safe areas.He is very honest with his dealings.He gives us receipt and made sure that we are registered with the police.I pay him in VNDong and its so funny because I want to pay according to the exchange rate from ACB but my landlord or his wife would insist I pay lower than the amount of the current exchange rate.When I went for 25 days holiday, he asked me to pay half of it.My friends I am lucky because with other landlords, even if you are on holiday you still have to pay the rentals.Since I came to live in his guest house, I never encountered any difficulties.He is easy to deal with and is treating me and other tenants like part of the family. I am lucky knowing this family and they are one of the reasons why Im happy in Vietnam.

Hi there,

We are subleting our room in 119 Dien bien phu street, district 1. It takes about 15' driving to Nguyen Cu Trinh where your girlfriends works. It's a 300$ newly furnished apt with private bathroom, kitchen and washing machine on roof plus drying area on roof top terrace, 24 hr. entry access, maid service, all bills incl. wifi and electricity, deposit is one month rent. You can move in dec. 1st but the date can be adjusted if necessary. If you want to have a look at apt. plz call AJ to view 01668044597.

cheers,

Viv.

Hi Ben,

My Friend has a  Newly refurbished 2 bedroom house at 353/56 Pham Ngu lao, Dist1; 120 sqm, 3 floors with balcony, AC, Phone, Internet, TV cable.. it is in quiet area and convenient for shopping, eating cause near market and restaurant, park… if you are interested, pls give them a call to view the house. They are going away soon that's why they want to have this house rented ASAP.Price 550 USD. Mr. Brian: 0943 993 105 or 0903 973 611. Hope it is useful for you

[Moderated: no free ads on the forum please]

Hello, everyone.

I would like to rent out my house. It is very convenient.It takes 5 minutes to go to De Tham street. It is at Nguyen Trai street, It is a villas with 4 bedrooms and 4 baths. Parking lot, Furnished, Wifi, Cable TV, Shared kitchen and living room. Rooms for rent or house for rent.

If anyone interested in, please contact me via : [email protected]

The Landlord
Hang Phan

Hi Hang Phan,

You should post an advert in the Ho Chi Minh City classifieds > accommodation section. Thank you.