Meeting new people in Colombo

Good afternoon good people of the world and more specifically expatriates living in the fabulous city of Colombo.

I'm John, 28 and i'm an Engineer posted to Sri Lanka from Scotland for several months or more. I love the Sri Lankan people but I still like to have some ex pat company now and again.

If anyone fanccies a chat then please don't hesitate to reply, PM or even mail me. My e-mail is [email protected].

Hope to hear from some of you soon!

Thanks!
Johnny

Hi Johnny,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for your introduction.

How is life in Colombo? What was your first impressions?
Which are your favorite places to go out in Colombo?

Thank you,
All the best,
Christine

Christine wrote:

Hi Johnny,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for your introduction.

How is life in Colombo? What was your first impressions?
Which are your favorite places to go out in Colombo?

Thank you,
All the best,
Christine

Christine,

Thank you for your kind welcome. It's most appreciated.

Life in Colombo is good. I have been here on and off for a year and usually had a few colleagues with me but this time i'm fending for myself. My first impressions were better than I could ever have imagined. The culture, the warmness of the people, the bustle, the weather, the food, the laid back lifestyle are all part of the character of the country.

I like Clanceys and a few of the bigger hotels bars and clubs but I must admit we were a little off the beaten track the last time I was here and work was hectic so I didn't get out as much as I'd have liked to. I'm much closer the the City Centre now so I hope some dear ex-pat take pity on me and can show me the ropes!

John
x

:one

Are you still in Colombo??

Hey Johnny !
How is it going . ? Hope you are fine . If you are still in Colombo we could help you out ...

hello everyone!!
i am new here.. originally i am  ukrainian married sri lankan .
also trying to meet any friends. live near negambo.

Hola a todos:}

Soy de Colombia, soy planeadora de bodas allí,  recien llegada a Colombo de vacaciones y para aprender ingles. Igual quiero ampliar mis circulo de amigos mientras este aca. Si saben hablar español o no les importa que yo apenas este aprendiendo, sería delicioso reunirnos en algún momento.

Saludos a todos.

Hi rositalinda!

As this is the anglophone forum could you please post in English?

Thanks
Armand

To all those living in Colombo who hold British or Commonwealth Passports.
There's a huge bash on at Ceylon InterContinental on Saturday night (26th May) to celebrate the 60th Jubilee of HM The Queen porganised by the Association of British Residents AND you can bring yuour own alcohol too with no corkage charges!
Good buffet dinner and all for Rs2,500/-

There's also a great raffle with a very large (donated) diamond as the top prize. Good band too.

Call Averil on 077 549 6174 for advance tickets as none are available at the door.

Regards to all

Ian

Hello Jhonny , How are you doing? I hope Sri Lanka is treating good !