Looking for a Football.

Where can I buy a football?  Not a soccer ball (I know the rest of the world calls it "football"), but an American football.  I can't find them at a sports shop - probably because the sport hasn't caught on in Việt Nam yet.

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/02/93/21/62/0002932162978_300X300.jpg

http://media.wbur.org/wordpress/10/files/2012/10/1019_oag_college-football-624x394.jpg

I'm looking for a peewee size (junior size).

THD,

I am scheduled to fly back, to Vietnam, in about a week.  How much are you willing to pay for that rock???

Wild_1 wrote:

THD,

I am scheduled to fly back, to Vietnam, in about a week.  How much are you willing to pay for that rock???

Oh, you're not in Cần Thơ?  I see from Walmart's website the football intermediate size, Wilson brand, run around 10-15 bucks.  Can you deflate one and stick it in your backpack?  I'll meet you at Tân Sơn Nhất and give you their equivalent in Đồng and buy you a cup of coffee while you wait for your ride to Cần Thơ.

I can grab the rock, not a problem.  However, sticking around TSN is the last thing that I want to do.  I don't think you are fond of that either.

How about give me your number, and I will give you a buzz, once I get in?  You can swing over to that PMH area and grab it?

Coffee at TSN sucks anyway, and they charge you premium prices too.

Wild_1 wrote:

I can grab the rock, not a problem.  However, sticking around TSN is the last thing that I want to do.  I don't think you are fond of that either.

How about give me your number, and I will give you a buzz, once I get in?  You can swing over to that PMH area and grab it?

OK, I'll PM you my phone number.

Wild_1 wrote:

And THD, if you're lucky,;) you may run into the saigonmonkey in PMH, as the Wild_1 will be bringing some stuff to me.

saigonmonkey wrote:
Wild_1 wrote:

And THD, if you're lucky,;) you may run into the saigonmonkey in PMH, as the Wild_1 will be bringing some stuff to me.

Great!  We'll have to toss the football around.  How's your throwing arm?

I got one !

Do ya tackle hard ?:lol:

Anniest wrote:

I got one !

Do ya tackle hard ?:lol:

I think you just opened yourself up to that one Ann...Annie...Anniest.  I guess I'll have to answer "well, we'll have to find out won't we?  An American football game on the beach perhaps?"

How come Wild1 is not bringing anything for me? where is the love Howie?

I am, I am...  I got you some wonderful tales from my trip, along with a cool MRI of my knee, Ashard...

As for the rest of you...  You don't want to play football with me!  They don't call me the Wrongway Train for nothing!!!

"Wrongway Train" !!! lol. I like that !:lol:

Wild_1 wrote:

I am, I am...  I got you some wonderful tales from my trip, along with a cool MRI of my knee, Ashard...

As for the rest of you...  You don't want to play football with me!  They don't call me the Wrongway Train for nothing!!!

Wild_1, also known as Jim Marshall.  We found you in hiding at last...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … eBrb00pdGw

I love how Number 77 congratulates this guy at the end.  :lol:

THD wrote:

Walmart's website the football intermediate size, Wilson brand, run around 10-15 bucks.

Didn't you mean Junior size?  Also, are you sure you want one in that price range? 

I ask because there are wider selections in the $20-$30 range, including a Never Flat one too.  Also, I didn't see any thing in the intermediate variety?

"Wrongway Train" !!! lol. I like that !lol

So...  Anniest knows football too, hey?  :D

I bet you Ashard doesn't know football?  :dumbom:

Wild_1 wrote:
THD wrote:

Walmart's website the football intermediate size, Wilson brand, run around 10-15 bucks.

Didn't you mean Junior size?  Also, are you sure you want one in that price range? 

I ask because there are wider selections in the $20-$30 range, including a Never Flat one too.  Also, I didn't see any thing in the intermediate variety?

Junior size is good.  I don't want the full NFL-sized football because Vietnamese kids don't have giant hands.  I want to teach teenagers-young adults how to throw a football. 

Yah, I'm sure the more expensive it is, the more tempting it is for one of my "friends" to sneak off with it.

Go long buddy...long..yah, here comes the Hail Mary...what?  Where you going?  Stop!  Come back here!  Ah crap...when's the next time Wild_1 goes back to California?   

Actually pick up 2 cheapies.  If I find a kid that really loves football, I'll just give the extra one to him (or her).

Hey!  I like football....

Wild_1 wrote:

Yah, I'm sure the more expensive it is, the more tempting it is for one of my "friends" to sneak off with it.

Go long buddy...long..yah, here comes the Hail Mary...what?  Where you going?  Stop!  Come back here!  Ah crap...when's the next time Wild_1 goes back to California? 

This was meant to say I don't want any of the kids I'll be playing with or any bystanders running off with my football once they realize how "expensive" it is.  Then I would have to wait for you to go back to California to buy another football....cuz they don't sell them here.

Tran Hung Dao wrote:

If I find a kid that really loves football, I'll just give the extra one to him (or her).

Wild_1 wrote:

Oh are you saying you want me to buy you a football?  :D

I like football too the CFL one. More running space.

When you guys goin to play ? I want to watch !!!!! EXCITING !!!!

you can't watch you have to play with us

khanh44 wrote:

you can't watch you have to play with us

Dude, you're getting married.  Leave the come-ons to the ones who are still fishing.  Now...feed me some lines will ya? ;)

I don't know how to play..., but I find it very sexy... I mean, exciting !!! lolololol

Anniest wrote:

I don't know how to play..., but I find it very sexy... I mean, exciting !!! lolololol

khanh44, where are you?  I need a line.  Google isn't helping me.  :D

Anniest wrote:

Anniest. My density has popped me to you. .... Oh. What I meant to say was... ..Yes. Yes. I'm ..... I'm your density. I mean, your destiny.

http://data1.whicdn.com/images/45349017/279856564314558378_FH85j8rW_f_large.jpg

Classic!

Anniest wrote:

Football is easy to play but explaining is not. You just have to play with us and you can choose touchy football or play the full body wrap tackling kind. Whatever excites you.

Please let me know when you all goin to play football. Can't wait !

"You all" are going to play nothing, if THD doesn't have a Plan B.

Sorry, guys!  I just recieved my MRI, and I just have a severe torn meniscus, not that dreaded ACL.  So, I am going to get my little knee worked on and won't return until much later.  Unless THD has a Plan B, you guys are going to have to stick with the other football, for a bit longer.

Is there an NFL club in HCMC ??

Wild_1 wrote:

Sorry, guys!  I just recieved my MRI, and I just have a severe torn meniscus, not that dreaded ACL.  So, I am going to get my little knee worked on and won't return until much later.  Unless THD has a Plan B, you guys are going to have to stick with the other football, for a bit longer.

Sorry to hear about the torn meniscus.  Don't worry about the football for the time being.  Focus on fixing your knee and getting better.

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/meni … c-overview

http://img.webmd.com/dtmcms/live/webmd/consumer_assets/site_images/media/medical/hw/hwkb17_035.jpg

sghsaigon wrote:

Is there an NFL club in HCMC ??

There are "football" clubs (Americans call it soccer though) but I haven't heard of any gridiron football events.

THD,

Yup, I tore that medial one up pretty good. 

But, the wheel will be fixed and, by Christmas, the train will be up and running again (The right way!). 

I went to look for your football the other day and saw that they also had the Peewee-sized footballs.  Hey, if you invest into one of these, I will be your star qb, THD?

Wild_1 wrote:

:( would you still be the wrongway train when you come back ?

No, Anniest...  The right way!!!  :dumbom:

Well...  That is if the guy doesn't put a left meniscus into my right knee.  Otherwise, I will be the guy running with 2 left legs.

Hurry back ! I really want to watch you guys play :whistle:

Well we can be on the same team. I can't sprint otherwise my knee buckles out.

I'll try to bring a football or get one of my family members to bring it but that will be January to February.

khanh44 wrote:

Well we can be on the same team. I can't sprint otherwise my knee buckles out.

I'll try to bring a football or get one of my family members to bring it but that will be January to February.

I can always try a Big C loaf of bread.  Will have to use some duct-tape and wrap that sucker real good since I don't have an oven to form it.

http://www.thefreshloaf.com/files/u2971/Packer%20Bread3.jpg

lol THD !!!!!! We EAT the bread, not PLAY with it !!! :dumbom::dumbom:

How about we play with it first, then eat it ! :unsure

THD,

Where did you get that loaf of bread, the Flintstone's Bakery?

Khanh,

I won't be on your team.  I WILL have 2 good wheels.

Anniest,

Play, play what?  I thought the football is for watching:  I bring the football, THD is going to unwrap it, then you guys will gather around and watch it?

where's the fun if there's no PLAY ???? :dumbom:

Anyway, now I have a pretty vivid picture of you bring the ball, THD unwraps it and then we all gather around and watch it :unsure:unsure:unsure:unsure:rolleyes:

lolololololol