When Tourists Flood Da Nang Beaches

The five day holiday weekend (Saturday April 27th thru Wednesday May 1st) drew a lot of tourists to Đà Nẵng beaches.

Most of these people are Vietnamese citizens taking advantage of a chance to take a long vacation within Việt Nam:

images1734879_42879509057060811171.jpg

Fortunately for foreigners who are "sun worshippers", these huge crowds are at their peak in the morning (between about 5 AM & 8 AM) and again in the late afternoon and early evening (between about 3:30 PM & 6:30 PM).

Head to the beach between 9 AM & 3 PM and you'll probably find only a few fellow foreigners braving the hot sun rays.

What is the five day holiday celebrated for?

@paulepancakes

The Liberation of South Vietnam and Reunification Day on April 30th, Labour Day on May 1st.

Thanks for the explanation

I was in Da Nang from 25th for 6 days, my first ever visit and i absolutely love the place and i genuinely thought all the people hitting the beach happens every night when weather good. Obviously got it wrong :/

Have signed up to this forum as long term see myself moving to Vietnam with Da Nang top of my list currently.

I was in Da Nang from 25th for 6 days, my first ever visit and i absolutely love the place and i genuinely thought all the people hitting the beach happens every night when weather good. Obviously got it wrong hmm.png
Have signed up to this forum as long term see myself moving to Vietnam with Da Nang top of my list currently.

-@Phunkyhouse

Welcome to the forum!

You're correct in that early mornings and late afternoons bring increased traffic to the beaches here.

It's just that the crowds over the 5 day holiday weekend were especially large.

Đà Nẵng will hopefully be a great fit for you, especially if you don't consider monsoon season to be a deterrent. 

Cheers!

O.B.

Đà Nẵng