Watching the NHL in the Philippines

Canucks in particular. Anyone know of any packages in the Philippines? I checked Cignal but their sports packages do not include NHL. I heard talk of 'internet boxes' but my relatives there know nothing of these.

Best suggestion is IPTV  (DO NOT get any Philippine based providers) , depending on the providers (I think any of them) you may also require to have a VPN. It seems that all internet providers here in the Philippines are blocking IPTV URLs hence the need of a VPN.     Despite all that you can enjoy TV/Sports from all over, I was able to see all games of the Woman's World Cup LIVE! saw All of  March Madness Men's and  Woman's  College Basketball  Live!! Try (iptvprivateserver.is/)to familiarize yourself with it.

I thought that NFL Sunday Ticket being bought by YouTube was a good thing for watching overseas anywhere in the world but nope. Not available in PH.

@jozica did you read my post?

@WAYNESEYMOUR

Not before the link got blocked for review

@jozica ok try getting to it this way ( iptvprivateserver.is)  I left of the http so it shouldnt get blocked.

@jozica let me know if you got thru.

@jozica let me know if you got thru.

-@WAYNESEYMOUR

Yes thank you ... NFLN, Redzone, plus 32 local NFL channels should cover all games

@jozica1f44d.svg

@Dude55  You'll need a VPN to start. I recommend NordVPN.  It's easy to use, reliable and relatively cheap. They usually have deals for new users. A single account allows you to have up to 5 devices so you can have it running on your smart TV, phone and computer. Once setup you'll connect to one of their Canadian servers. They have servers in Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal.  After that it's just a matter of subscribing to Canadian apps like TSN, Sportsnet, CBC Gem (free), CTV, Crave, etc. to watch Canadian content.

Cheers,

...Wes

@nosredna How is your experience with the shaky internet we have here in PH?

I'm in Puerto Princesa.  I'm using PLDT which is included with my rent.  I'd say it's quite good 75-80% of the time. The other 20-25% it's either too slow or not available at all.

Hello all,

Please note that some posts have been removed.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@nosredna Yeah here on Pinay it's the same issue even though there is a choice of Globe, PLDT or Smart none are steady and reliable. The only thought is to do more intense research into StarLink to see how it stacks up since being fully operational here for about a year. I can watch my News, Sports and other favorites using IPTV but at times its like performing surgery in order to maintain connections.

@Dude55 I use Omnimaxtv.com

You pay for the service online and then you download the app at the app store and then log in and you can watch anything you want. I watch NFL games and college games..but you can watch anything including boxing and MMA. It takes a bit to get used to how to use it but once you figure it out it's great. I think you can get it as low as $27 monthly.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

@nosredna Yeah here on Pinay it's the same issue even though there is a choice of Globe, PLDT or Smart none are steady and reliable. The only thought is to do more intense research into StarLink to see how it stacks up since being fully operational here for about a year. I can watch my News, Sports and other favorites using IPTV but at times its like performing surgery in order to maintain connections.

-@WAYNESEYMOUR

Sounds like many free livestreams in U.S. that freeze and buffer constantly. Hard to watch a game like that.

@jozica I use NFL Game Pass International in the Philippines. Great service and reasonable price. They moved to the DAZN platform last year, which requires you to watch from the country where you subscribed. It blocks VPNs, but watching from a smart TV with no VPN running works great.

@jozica

When I am in Ph, I use a VPN to acess my German Sky account. Which enables me to watch Sporting events not available in the Philippines.

@jozica I use NFL Game Pass International in the Philippines. Great service and reasonable price. They moved to the DAZN platform last year, which requires you to watch from the country where you subscribed. It blocks VPNs, but watching from a smart TV with no VPN running works great.

-@rcvining

Agree. My Smart TV only made it to the 7th grade. So I cast it onto the TV via my laptop. Weird I know, but it works for every NFL game played.