Any feedback please regarding the Starlink satellite internet system

We live in Central Portugal and like many others our internet is really poor and very unreliable. We have used MEO and now use NOS. They are equally poor especially as we only have the availability of the satellite internet emitted from the 4G masts. MEO have yet to even plan on any possible fibre installation in my area so have to look at alternatives.

I have seen Starlink and what they claim they offer but do need to hear from actual users about how much truth is in their promotional info. Anyone please, are they worth looking at?

Hi @tghamilton,

You can ask these questions at Starlink office in Coimbra. You can do a coverage test in your area using this form:

https://starlink.com.pt/viabilidade/

Hi JohnyPT, i have read what they have published for the performance in Portugal but would appreciate an actual users feedback,  e.g. what the real performance is like in bad weather or wether there has been any technical issues, what the support service has been like. it us a lot of money to shell out for the equipment so would rather have a users perspective before commiting to anything

@tghamilton

Hello.

I have been using StarLink in Torreira for well over a year.  It is great!

@Jrenda thanks for the reply, i know of the equipmwnt costs plus the monthly payments but what are the typical internet speeds achieved plus have you had any technical issues at all and if so how has the customer support been?

thanks

The last time I measured it, I did a speed test from my iPhone and It reached 129 Mbps and 82 Mbps Upload. (Supposively, it will go even faster if conntected directly to the StarLink router). This was inside the approximately 1500 sqft. house made of brick and I have it located in the center of the house. If I go outside it does drop considerably, but it's not really noticeable when surfing the web.

I have tested the range by putting it near the back of the house facing the back yard where there is a pool and annex. The annex is about 30 ft. from the back of the house and that is when I begin to have connectivity issues. This information is with the satellite mounted on the roof.

Regarding technical issues, I haven't had any yet, so I can't speak to the customer service. 

Many thanks for all your feedback, very intetesting. i do like the look of the system so will wait to hear hopefully from others on the perfomance of their installations

@Jrenda

hi . just bought a house in central portugal . Can you share where fid you go yo order equiment

and instalation of starlink ? and how long it took

thanks

Hi, did you check with Starlink first?

i . just bought a house in central portugal . Can you share where fid you go yo order equiment
and instalation of starlink ? and how long it took
    -@Daveigac

You need to fill in this form to get in touch with a sales agent.

https://starlink.com.pt/adesoes/

@Daveigac

Hi. You will need to go to the Starlink website and enter your address. If Starlink provides service to your address, it will prompt you to make an order.

Once the equipment arrives, download the Starlink App. Depending on where choose to install it will determine how long it takes , especially if you are mounting it to a house. All in all, it does not take very long to set up, very user friendly.     

@JohnnyPT

Hello,

I did have to use a sales agent. I did the whole process online.