New members of the Belize forum, introduce yourselves here - 2024

Hi all,

Newbie on the Belize forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Belize if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello,

My name is Christine, and I am in the process of buying property near Belmopan. I can't wait to move, but it will probably be some time before I can.

Happy to be here!

@steeno123

Hello Christine,

Welcome to our expat community! While you're gearing up for the move, feel free to explore our community and connect with others. If you have questions or need assistance, you can post any questions you have on the Belize forum.

This little guide might come handy as well : Living in Belize guide for expats

Cheers to your upcoming adventure!

All the best,

Bhavna

Greetings all!

Jared here, I'm now residing here in Belize I have relatives here and over in the US I am grateful for this opportunity  in this community and happy to grow with my fellow expats . I***

Moderated by Bhavna 4 months ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@jaydraftingservices001

Hello Jared,

Welcome on board !

Just a gentle reminder that promoting commercial services is not allowed on the forum. Should you want to offer your services to members, you can add your business (for free) in the business directory.

All the best

Bhavna

@Julien Hello my name is Dr Purna Chhetri, I am from Kingdom of Bhutan , a small country like Belize in the Himalayas. I am a researcher by profession, I like doing research on forest systems.

I have recently been looking at different systems. It is on food systems. I'm order to realize my dream I love to start sustainable and healthy food systems , meaning from farm to  fork.Hope to hear from members of this wonderful group. Let's make a sustainable future for all.

@Julien

Hello everyone here at Expat. Thank you for giving an opportunity to express. My name is Dr Purna Chhetri and I'm from Kingdom of Bhutan. It is a small country in the Himalayas.im married and have a daughter . IAM looking forward to meet people around the world and share my knowledge and thoughts.

Thank you

@purnabrdc

Hello and welcome on board !

Feel free to open your own thread on the Belize forum should you have any questions for our members.

all the best

Bhavna

@Julien

Greetings,

Where should I start?

I guess you could call me a reluctant world traveller. Thanks to my father and his job in the Canadian government, I've been to quite a few hotspots in my lifetime. The Watts Riots of 1965, Beijing in the early 70's during the Gang of Four era, Madrid at the end of Franco's reign. I've always been a square peg in a round hole.

After a brief stint flying C-130s for the RCAF, I landed a job at CP Air, married a Japanese flight attendant and was forthwith sent to the Tokyo Office. There were trips to Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia, Nepal, India, Dubai, Kuwait, Somalia, South Africa for the World Cup, East Timour, Brunei and Fiji.

Currently, I have reached the ripe age of 70 and have an ex-wife, several former GFs, 2 daughters and 2 granddaughters. I'd like to profitably engage in my hobbies, raising tropical fish, gardening, brewing adult beverages and making things spectacularly go boom.

@Julien

I am in process of purchasing a home in the village and would like the name of a good real estate attorney that can help me navigate the process. Thank you.