S pass still pending for more than 1 month

Hello I received a job offer however my S pass is still in ‘pending' status for over 4 weeks and now I am on my 5th week. May I ask what is usually the reason that MOM is taking longer than usual to provide an update ? I am getting worried 😢 hope to hear from you all soon. Thank you 🙏🏻

@nihao123 sorry to hear this... I'm on the same boat... I had to check with my employer who applied for the pass... they told me that my pass application was rejected and they have reappealed... no reason for the rejection was given to them...

I suggest you follow up with your employer who has applied for the pass and ask for details... there's a MOM phone number on their website that you can call on and try your lick for more information too

@Abhi40  Thank you for letting me know I appreciate your time and reply. i did call MOM and check with my employer. They mentioned MOM did not give any update except 'we need more time to review' and also when i called MOM they only said its pending and there is no other info they can share. They never mentioned I have been rejected before and I havent been asked for more documents since my employer submitted my application. I am not sure why it is taking so long :(

@abhi40 may I ask how quick did they MOM reply with the update on your first application ? How long has it been since your reappeal? I hope we all get some good answers soon

Please note that most applications need 4 - 8 weeks processing - but in special cases it can be more (or less).

If yours is taking much longer, your employer can contact MoM to find out what is holding it up.

There are many discussions of potential reasons for processing delays on this forum, which you should read!

Hello @beppi,

As per your above information, It takes 4-8 weeks to process the application (S Pass) and It can be more in special cases (May I know What are the special cases?). Well, In my case Its been around 12 weeks and its still showing pending. Is it possible that they take this long for processing?

I contacted my employer too, They are saying that this happens often and they have asked MOM for the reason.

However, I am not getting any clear answer. Should I be worried? Should I look for other opportunities at this moment? or Should I wait more?

(Real Dilemma!)

Please reply, Thank you :)

@Vaishali jain You can read this and other threads on this forum to find out how long an application process can take and what factors influence it.

Whether you continue to look for other opportunities is entirely up to you.

@Abhi40 Hi, my reappeal is about 3 weeks long. I contacted to MOM, and they didn't give any news about my application. They only gave suggestions to request to my employer to contact to MOM. So, how can I tell MOM to know any news about my application?

I'm sorry to hear that your S pass is still pending. I know how stressful it can be to wait for a work permit.

According to the Ministry of Manpower website, S pass applications can take between 2 weeks and 2 months to process, depending on the circumstances. One possible reason for the delay is the verification of your credentials, which may take longer if your schools or ex-employers are slow to respond2. Another possible reason is the high volume of appeals that MOM receives, which may affect their processing time.

You can check the status of your application online using EP Online. You will need your FIN or NRIC number and the application reference number. If you have any questions or concerns, you can also contact MOM directly.

I hope this helps and I wish you all the best for your S pass approval. Don't lose hope and stay positive!

They only gave suggestions to request to my employer to contact to MOM. So, how can I tell MOM to know any news about my application?
    -@Aye Thiri

Just follow their suggestion and ask the employer to contact them!

@justdavid Thanks alot

@beppi Thanks a lot

Hello! My new company has also applied for 1 week.  But when I checked on MOM's website, it only showed updated information for the old company.  I'm really worried and don't know what to do.  I would like to ask, is the MOM website system having errors recently?

Thank you!

@Eira Nguyen As we wrote many times before (Did you try to fid an answe on your own?), MoM needs up to a week to enter a newly submitted application into the system. If it still does not show up after that, your employer should contact MoM!

@nihao123 Hi, what is your application status now?

I'm facing the same issue. It's been 10 week for me and the status still pending. I tried to contact my employer during the 4th week but they told me to just wait. I wonder if anyone have experienced pending status for more than 3 months? I don't know if I still have hope for approval at this point.

@nhaniph Hi i know my friend took 3 months and got rejected. I am currently in pending status on the 7th week now .1f625.svg

@nihao123 Is your spass already approved?

Hi…

my one 3rd week waiting for good news.

@Supercar Do you know the reason?

@nhaniph Hello no reasons given. Lets stay hopeful and wish for the best.

@Supercar Good news! My s pass just got approved today (after 89 days). Don't lose hope guys!! Wish you all the best of luck.

Congratulations!

Hi…my one 3rd week waiting for good news.         -@Hetti1997

brother, did you get approval for your pass yet?

Hello Cooray99,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Are you too waiting for the approval?

Feel free to tell us more about you.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Good evening, everyone, my employer applied for SPass for me 4 weeks ago, however, it is still under pending status on the MOM website, I am getting worried about my SPass status and my passport validity is going to be less than 6 months. May I know if you guys had the same experience and what can happen in the next?

@saijhomshanhan Your passport should have 6 months validity AFTER the expiry of the work pass applied for. So you better get a new passport now, otherwise the S-Pass will not be issued, even if MoM approves the application!