Hi all !!

Hello everyone,

I am Mauritian but have been in Australia for quite a while..then back in Mauritius.
And well, I was kinda missing Aussie and while surfing around I landed on this blog.
So...
1.I'd like to know if this blog is reserved only for expats..do u guys welcome mauritians as well over here?

2.If you do, I'll be more than happy to help in any way I can. I've had awesome friends who have always been helpful while I was away, and  I'd love to do the same for people who have left their country and are now over here. :)

Hi hazzle11, and welcome to Expat.com :)

1.I'd like to know if this blog is reserved only for expats..do u guys welcome mauritians as well over here?

Of course we do !

Thank you :)

Hi Hazzle,

Welcome to the blog!! Am sure your help will be appreciated by the others :)

Have a good week ahead!

Cheers,
Musheer

Hi Musheer,

have an excellent week as well :)

Hi Hazzle11

Glad to see you here! I'm in a similar status, mauritian but lived abroad for a long time, but unlike you, I'm not back yet, but thinking about it.

How long were you gone? You've been back a while?

Thanks for joining this blog. I'm sure you'll be of great help.

Devidou

Hello Hazzle11

Welcome to the blog. Am sure you'll be of great help around here. You could also help anyone going to Australia as well (on the australian forum).

Hope to meet you at the next Expat.com meet! ;)

Hi Devidou,
how you doin?
I've been moving a lot...was in Rodrigues island for some time..then to Cape town for a short while..finally settled on Perth for 3 years and back in Mauritius since a year now.
I thought a lot about it before coming back...it's got it's advantages and drawbacks. Thing I found weird was how hard it was to make friends..lol..But as strange as it may seem...I admit having trouble finding nice friends..especially girl friends...I miss my friends back in Perth very often..girls I could have a drink and chat with.

Other than this, I'm happy to be back.
And if you're seriously thinking about it, I'd say go for it.. Just be sure that you got friends over here and don't feel lonely :)

alisa_ram wrote:

Hello Hazzle11

Welcome to the blog. Am sure you'll be of great help around here. You could also help anyone going to Australia as well (on the australian forum).

Hope to meet you at the next Expat.com meet! ;)

Hi Alisa,
Hope you had a good weekend.

Thanks for the welcome message. :)

I have worked as a career guidance officer for a while when I came back to Mauritius.It was basically to guide students through Australian universities and advice on everything I could share about Perth (way of life,accomodation,standard of living,entertainment,leisure activities etc...), so I'd be more than happy to help anyone needing advice. :)

The next Expat.com... I'd be very happy to join..but I've never been to one of those before and I don't really know how it works since I'm new to the blog.
Some help around would be very much appreciated ;)

Thanks.
Hope to hear from you soon :)

Hiya!

Weekend was not too bad!

For the expat meet, you usually just have to bring yourself over!Nothing more (unless it's a bring n share)and have fun!;)

Hehe...good one :)

A'ight...when's the next one and what have you guys planned?

Hey

Great to hear from you! Rodrigues sounds great, though I can't imagine there's lots to do...

I've been thinking about going back for a while now, but always chickened out the last minute, lol. But this time I'm doing it.
I remember when I was growing up, girls were not really allowed to hang out with boys as friends...strict parents...But that was a lifetime ago! I can't imagine its still the same...I'm sure with time you'll find a nice group of friends. I have a few friends already there and some family too. We'll see how it goes...

The expats get together sounds like a great way of making friends. So good luck with that.

Take care,

Devidou

Hey! :)

Rodrigues isn't too bad..but you're right there..not much to do and it gets boring after a while.

Well, I'd say that it has changed a lot over here.I think I grew up in a generation where girls are very much allowed to hang out with boys ;)It's just a matter of evolving in a new world.Like you said, the 'strict parent world' was a lifetime ago. I'm sure you'll find lots of changes in every aspect when you come over.

Take care as well :)