Are you an expat living in Prague looking for someone to chat with?

Well, I had the same problem back in London when I was there for nine months. I couldn't find any people outside of the language school. I tried social networks but these attempts failed as sites of this kind require you to pay for functions like "signup to this event"...probably not all of them, but there were some. It took me few months of loneliness until I found a group playing Dungeons and Dragons every week.

I was hoping to attain enough speaking skill to get myself a decent job here in Prague, in my home city.
And I did. Decent, but ironically, a czech only job. Colleagues communicate in Czech only and noone wants me to speak english at all. So after those 9 months in London, I've been getting frustrated for having no real usage for it.

I'm 23 year old programmer, I know computers and stuff, don't expect me to enjoy getting drunk or going for a wild night in any of the Prague's nightclubs.

There are these particular Czech style teahouses in Prague, which I have not seen anywhere else - these are nice places for getting along. As well as is a nice walk in Stromovka, Petřín or in the countryside just outside of Prague. You don't need to worry about obtaining the tickets as I remember myself getting totally confused of the London Ticketing System hell (Czechs have THAT simpler at least).

I'm not looking for a girlfriend. I'm not going to promise that we'll really get along but I know for sure that I'd write myself a response if I knew back in London that there was a forum like this. Let me know if you are struggling as I was :)

hello, well curiously I was living in London and now I am living in Prague. I like programming in .Net and Java, and i can speak a bit English. If you want we can share something about programming. I am learning Czech and I am looking for job as junior programmer.

Wanna hang out then? x) Send me a message where and when, I work until 5:00 PM next to the underground station Nádraží Holešovice on Line C (the red one)

Sure I will let you know. While you can add me on fb to speak better if you want to
My user in fb is хайро вега
See ya

hi
I wonder if this blog/forum really works.. i see people hardly giving response to ur posts. :(

Aman1219: yep, it seems there's no real expat community in CZ/Prague...

maybe this one is just not active :)

quite a lot of expats are in Prague actually & there are a few established websites for expats in Prague

new here and currently out of Prague at the moment will be relocating to Prague in March/April :)

flitz: would you recommend some other sites? :)

well here's two that I know off that are pretty popular :)

expats.cz/
prague.tv/

oh and here's another place

internations.org/

:)

i am shashikant from india,
i know czech language, we can chat in czech

Would like to talk to anyone relocating to Prague.
Will make my first trip in May.
Thank you to anyone who can give me some tips.

Hi Shas,

Unfortunately I'm still learning Czech in the early stages...so I won't go far in chatting in Czech ;D

but definitely can stick to English :D

Hi Sepikmari,

What kinda tips are you looking at? :)

Aman1219 wrote:

hi
I wonder if this blog/forum really works.. i see people hardly giving response to ur posts. :(

Hiiii Aman,

R you in prague i am moving there in next month from hungary just contact me on my mail id [email protected]

Are you still in prague?