Charge at Customs for computers

Hi
I am coming to Cuenca and I understand I am able to take one new, and one used computer. I am bringing one new laptop, and two used desktop computers.
Do you know the fee I will be charged for the extra used desktop computer or a way to contact customs to ask them myself ?
Thank you in advance for your time, and your help

Here's an article that says since 2019, there is NO tax for bringing in a computer - 0%.

BUT - and it's a big but - it must meet the "4x4" rule which says this applies only if the package is below 4 kilograms in weight (8.8 pounds) and is worth under $400 USD.

https://blog.laarbox.com/todo-lo-que-de … -a-ecuador

Here is the site for the customs agency of Ecuador, SENAE (Servicio Nacional de Aduana del Ecuador):

https://www.aduana.gob.ec/

Here is a list of some ways to get in touch with them:

https://www.aduana.gob.ec/canales-de-atencion-2/

They don't make it easy to ask them a question.  You will need pretty good Spanish and a lot of persistence.  A question - it may be time to upgrade.  Why not just ditch the old computer(s) and buy new ones in Ecuador, assuming you don't need extra-special high-powered gaming computers but just ordinary everyday ones for surfing the web, email, watching cat videos etc?  Seriously, the less you bring, the happier you will be.

However on the page above, you will see an email address that is not really the right one, but I'd send them an email anyway and they might helpfully respond:

[email protected]

This 800 number probably does not work outside of Ecuador:
1800-ADUANA (238262)

On the web page above you will also see links to some other of their web pages which may have contact numbers/email.  Good luck!

Thank you for your time and help

Thank you very much, I was able to contact them, and I got a reply.
If your computers are under $2,000 value, for work, or two computers per person you can bring them with no taxes due on them.
I really appreciate your your time for sending the links.
Have a great day

HI,
My husband and I moved here officially in October 2021.  We were delayed due to the pandemic.   We bought our home in 2015. 
This week we go to Guayaquil to meet our shipment, after multiple delays.
I am primary and he is my dependent for now.
My (our) shipment includes some old computers - that do not meet the 4 by 4 rule.  The only reason we kept them is that we need to get photos off the old hard drives and did not have time to do this before packing.  They were in a storage unit.
Will we be charged for the older computers?  I think there are four.  Any idea about how much?
Thanks,
Robin Lynn

Any customs prediction by layman Expats for your old computers would just be a guess.

SENAE will probably inspect any such shipment and make a determination based on its arcane rules and what the inspection team had for lunch that day.

cccmedia in Quito

No, we moved everything we had plus 4 old desktop computers via the ship, and we did not need to pay anything. They will charge you if you were shipping 50 or more. The guy at customs was very helpful. They only charge if your bringing them to resale. Personal computers are just fine to bring with you.

@Fireymom This means we can bring them in our luggage, correct? We have three people in the family that require computers for our work.  Does this mean that we can bring $2,000 worth per person?  All in, I would say with moniters, lap tops and towers we have about $4,500 worth.