Profession Change through QIWA

Dear friends,

My sponsor was generous to apply  the profession change through QIWA. Its been a week no updates on the application status. It says this
"
حالة الطلب في وزارة الموارد البشرية والتنمية الاجتماعية
بانتظار رد الداخلية"

"
Application status in the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development Waiting for an internal response"

Are the delays common as everything is online.?

My transition is from Workshop worker to General Mechanical Engineer

Plz share your thoughts.

Regards,
Waseem

Profession change will undergo a series of documents verification, and assessment, until your visa in iqama converted from workshop worker to General Mechanical Engineer. This process takes more or less 2 weeks. Be patient. As the saying goes, no guts, no glory.

Thanks Redtrumpet, today i checked the status it says this " Application status in the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development Occupation change request has not been approved"

You have any idea? My SCE membership is Valid! and i see this is not approved.

Any others had/has the similar issue?

Thanks

Waseem99861 wrote:

Thanks Redtrumpet, today i checked the status it says this " Application status in the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development Occupation change request has not been approved"

You have any idea? My SCE membership is Valid! and i see this is not approved.

Any others had/has the similar issue?

Thanks

Bro
Only your company can do that.
Ask your HR to change the profession.
It will cost 1000 SAR.

Yes Arsal7 I have this amount 1000 SAR on my iqama.
But yet that occupation is not changed. Company category is also green I don't know whats happening.

Waseem99861 wrote:

Yes Arsal7 I have this amount 1000 SAR on my iqama.
But yet that occupation is not changed. Company category is also green I don't know whats happening.

My friend, only your company can change your profession through their accounts.
You can't change your profession by yourself.

Dear Arsal7 I know that, BTW did I ask here if I myself can change the profession?

Do you know the reason for rejection?
I will also check with my company will post it here

Dear All, 

Further to update on my status! My profession change finally accepted.

I would give you a background, initially we requested for a profession " General Mechanical Engineer" -- Was rejected 

Then reapplied for profession " Mechanical Engineer" -- Approved in just 4 hours!! Request was made at 7.30 PM KSA time and i got SMS from MOI at 00.20 AM ( Mid night).. I was shocked and happy to see it in morning!!

Moral : Ours is an IT establishment, i have my colleague with the profession " General Mechanical Engineer" seems that for our establishment it was only 1 seat for that profession !! But for the other " Mechanical Engineer" that was empty and i got it changed.!!

I was in a believe that IT companies cant have Mechanical Engineers, i just assumed this for 1 year and didn't check with my company!! So stop assuming and go ahead,  this was my post https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=924767#5062482

Arsal7 and i were discussing this but we were wrong!! Only the criteria needs to match, but one thing if your profession shows that you have to undergo profession test, then there is no choice it will not change ( May be wrong here others can comment). 

Thanks

@Waseem99861 Hi, just want to know if you changed it thru qiwa or absher business portal? Thanks

Hi brother, the request was made by company through Qiwa portal. Initially i thought it should be from Absher business, i think QIWA is now the platform. 

Get your application number from your company for you to track. In my second attempt the acceptance was very quick. If request rejects don't get panicked try again with other similar profession, we don't know what is the acceptance criteria. 

Good luck, update here your experience so it is beneficial for others. 

@Waseem99861 We tried in Qiwa but I guess my occupation is really blocked to change profession.

To what profession are you looking for?

@Waseem99861 my profession in iqama is executive secretary. We are trying to change it to any professions but it is not pushing thru. I guess they really blocked the changes in qiwa and absher. for those professions they declared as 100% saudisized.

Bad luck, I have no clue now other friends please comment

@blue19casubuan any update on your status? i have same issue, but as data entry.

@fatoom59 me also same profession as a Data Entry. I also do not know what I have to do.

@fatoom59 still not chance of changing it. HR will provide me an exit VISA

hello people, today i went to the HR dept and they tried to change my profession to electrical engineer through qiwa and it gave me message that i cannot change my profession, even though i have valid SCE membership, what could be the reason?

@Ahsan Bilal, I am on same page

@Waseem99861 Hello Brother, any idea what is NIC Approval on Qiwa Portal ?

My application shows - Pending for NIC Approval.

and any idea how much time it will usually take ?

@Ahsan Bilal what is your previous profession . is whome your sponsered can only send profession change request on QIWA and u must accept the request.

My profession on qiwa is pizza and pastry maker but I am working as a Lead Auditor in Dominos. Can I request to change via qiwa or should I ask my HR department?

Hello guys,

Does My profession on Iqama is Electrical inspector, but i am an engineer i have applied on SCE portal for membership, on SCE the jawazat update is not verified yet, i tried to add request there but my English name doesn't appear (just arabic), any suggestions?

Secondly, can i apply on Qiwa for iqama proffession cheange before getting membership card from sce (i got introduction letter and membership number already).

Please guide

Hey faraz ahmed99,

Welcome to Expat.com1f601.svg

Thank you for asking your questions here.

Let's hope someone can shed some light on this situation.

All the best,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@faraz ahmed99 Hi Faraz. My situation is also like you as I got my sce membership but it is not yet verified. So where you able to change the profession without sce verification.

@Waseem99861 I got my sce membership but it is not yet verified. So can i change the profession without sce verification. I mean was your sce verification completed or you were also having only membership and verification was in process at time of applying for profession change

@Mahmoodksa same here.. how much time take for NIC approval

Profession change status shows that Pending NIC Approval.. any idea how much time it takes.. from worker to production supervisor

Hi Guys. the status shows that Pending NIC Approval.. any idea how much time it takes..

I have got change of occupation request in qiwa for which I paid 1000 SAR. The occupation I asked earlier was building electrician but now I decided to reject and rerequest for labor. Do I need to pay extra fees for this task?