Tuition Grant Obligations and EP Rejections (2014-2022)

Hello,

I would like to understand is there's anyone who have been dealing with the same issue as me.

---------

To give a bit of context,
I graduated in Singapore in 2014 with a diploma, back then i can only apply for an SPASS and when I got my first job, my application was rejected, and they appealed and it was approved, but a friend who worked for this company was very against me working for this company bcs the company was sooo bad, high turn over and boss was a person with no moral.

So My approved Spass did not got issued and I moved on to find another job.
I got two new companies who applied for an SPass and both of them got rejected.
(Total of 4 Spass applications in 2014)
I continued applied and nothing , so i contacted MOE to release me but they rejected to release me, my bad, back then i was lazy to explain bcs my applications was over 200 emails so I explained so without giving all details of each emails.

--------

So after one year I exited Singapore in 2016 to continue my studies, I love SG so much so i even did an exchange back to Singapore for one semester in 2017, my student pass was approved for NUS without any issue the fact that I had tuition grant.

Then after I graduated and worked for about 1 year, I came back to Singapore to work for a company who have hired me.

So I have been applying my EP since 04/21 And I got rejected with this reason
"We have been informed that this candidate has outstanding liquidated damages with the Ministry of Education (MOE). Thus we are unable to approve the application. Please advise him/her to contact the MOE Customer Service Centre at 6872 2220 or [email protected] for further clarifications."

I contacted the MOE Officer, she was very kind and prompt to help, finally after abt one week she told me that she had contacted MOM and I can continue to appeal. (I explained in detail with all the companies, spass rejected details, and all.)

My second appeal got rejected again (07/21) :
"You have not provided satisfactory information to show that your company's turnover generates enough revenue to pay your employees' salaries and business expenses."

and then third appeal rejected again and returned back to the same problem as the beginning ???? (12/21) :
"We have been informed that this candidate has outstanding liquidated damages with the Ministry of Education (MOE). Thus we are unable to approve the application. Please advise him/her to contact the MOE Customer Service Centre at 6872 2220 or [email protected] for further clarifications."

i contacted MOE officer again, and she told me she talked to MOM officer and said i can now appeal.
and then forth, still got rejected with the same issue. contacted MOE Officer again saying
"ok mom said u can appeal already"- i included email screenshot with the appeal.

I am so confused, anyone have been dealing with the same problem?

I am so worried as I really want to be back to Singapore and worried that i might be banned totally when it was not my fault that in the past my spass got rejected, its not like i can continue living in singapore jobless for one year plus with no income. I need to move on right... Its not like I did not made the effort to work, i got the job but my passes in 2014 was rejected. I am now so worried and heartbroken.

Please, anyone advise me..... :(

Get MoE's statement in writing (letter with stamp/signature is better than email!) and send that to MoM.
Or ask the helpful lady at MoE to directly call your case officer (if you don't know who that is, your employer can find out!).

Sigh... yeah I am trying to let her know that the issue is not about questioning MOM if I am able to appeal the case or not. It is a confirmation from MOE that I no longer have any outstanding settlement.

But technically I do have obligations because they did not want to release me when i requested after one year of trying.. I cannot continue wasting my day without moving on right :( no job no money living abroad oh well...

now my heart is just trying to bear with the amount of money i needed to pay the goverment when it was not... fully my mistake :( i just want to kill myself because its a full circle to nowhere ,
i dont know why the singapore government is giving us the tuition grant but not willing to give us the work visa... doesnt make sense at all..

still jobless now. do i sell my kidney.. sigh just kill me

Hi can i know was your case eventually settled? can the liqudated damages be reduced if subsequently you manage to fulfil the bond provided you manage to get a work pas