Seeking expat artist living in Paris to help with a marriage proposal

I'm an American student, and am planning to propose to my girlfriend in Paris when we meet there in mid-March. I'm trying to arrange a couple of surprises to make the experience really special, and I'm looking for a bit of help from a local to get things set up. I'd like to take her to dinner, and then after dinner have there be a string of paper hearts at street-corners outside the restaurant. We would follow them to a beautiful look-out spot where I would actually propose. Ideally, I would find an artist who would actually sketch/draw/paint the actual proposal, so we'd have the art as a keepsake afterward.

What I need is two things:

First, I need is someone to help me put the hearts up while we're in the restaurant. This should be a pretty easy task. I can provide the hearts, and it shouldn't take that long to set them up. I'm willing to pay some reasonable fee for this, though I'm a student and trying to keep my costs at a minimum.

Second, I'm looking for an artist to do the painting/drawing. I would be happy to talk about what medium works best for you, and in more detail about the actual proposal location and what I'm looking for. Again, I'm willing to pay some reasonable fee for this, depending on particulars, though I'm a student and trying to keep my costs at a minimum.

I'm planning on actually proposing on March 14th, so you would need to be free for that afternoon/evening. I would also like to meet you the day before to discuss my plans, so I would need you to be free at some point on March 13th before 6 pm.

Finally, I unfortunately don't speak French very well (a good friend of mine is translating this posting and will help with our initial conversations over email), so it would also be very helpful if you speak English.

I'm really excited at the opportunity to propose to my girlfriend in Paris, and I really appreciate your help in making this an extra-special evening for her,

Thanks,

Nathaniel

Hi Nathaniel,
  I am an event planner for marriage proposals. Here's some advice:

1. Call your school and get an American art student to paint your proposal. That will eliminate the language barrier and you can tell him/her exactly what you want. If all else fails, beg an art prof. to help you out.

2. Get one of your friends/students to oversee the proposal. Something will probably happen differently than you planned, and you don't want to step out of the moment and give someone directions. This person can also help you set up the hearts beforehand.

3. Do a run-through beforehand with your friend, the artist, and with the waiter...if you want him/her to do anything special. I've been a TV producer for 5 years, and I know it's the only way to accurately communicate what you want.

4. Last...consider live music- it can make the moment really special. Find a musician while you're looking for an artist. If nothing else, use your mp3 player to play a special playlist of music she loves. That's what my fiance did, and I loved it.

Best of luck! I think your idea is very unique and she will love it. If you need any more ideas, check out my blog.

proposalgirl.com