To go? Or Not to go? That is the question!!

Hi everyone!I am 25,and originally from London, England and could really do with some feedback.

My dad is a New Yorker originally but came over with the US air force and stayed.Me and my sis spent nearly every summer in the USA since 3 years old and I have american citizenship so just always thought it would be easy to just up and leave when i decided to, but never thought about how emotionally hard it would be.

Last year after losing my job and ending a bad relationship I figured there was no better time to go and was planning my fresh start when I landed a new job and decided to put the idea on the back burner. Two months ago the company relocated and i went with it and am now living just outside London.

But now i know i can make it on my own i'm really considering doing what I planned and going to live with my fam in new york.
Where I live now just isn't cutting it for me it's very quiet and me being one of the only black people out of say 20 not very inviting at times.

What do you think? My lease ends in June this year. Should I hold out or just do it? Let me know your good and bad experiences.

Thank you:/

Hi Tuck.

I'm Mark, I am originally from Germany. I always dreamed about moving to the USA, and after a few years of dreaming I finally registered to the green card lottery (with those guys: [moderated: no free ads] ) and WON! - I couldn't believe my luck - So now I'm writing you from NY, and I'm the happiest man alive.
What does this have to do with you? Man, you already HAVE an american citizenship! What are you still doing out of the US? man, get up and come here, now! Especially if you dont have a family of your own, wife and kids and everything. Man, you don't know how many people who switch with you in a sec!

Mark.

Its not that big a jump mate , youll wonder what all the fuss was about ,check it out , you got nothing to lose but the airfare back

jamesy wrote:

Its not that big a jump mate , youll wonder what all the fuss was about ,check it out , you got nothing to lose but the airfare back

I can't say any better than jamesy!
If you want to go, then go! because you may have regrets some day if you don't.

Hi ya,
I moved to the USA nearly 5 years ago, posted here with the Royal Navy.  We were in S. Texas for 2 years and up in New England now for 3 years.  We are due to return this summer to the UK and I am DREADING it.  We've loved every minute of it.  America is amazing, we've made good solid friends and going back to the gloom and doom of the UK is not something any of us are looking forward to.  If I were you, take life by the horns and go for it.  What's the worst that can happen - you give it a go, don't like it, made some good friends and contacts anyhow, go back to the UK with a wealth of different experience behind you - and move on.  Seriously - go for it.

Hey,
I travel a lot and just got your questioning about going to the US. Hope you already left. If not:
GO ! DO NOT HESITATE! Just do it!
I moved to the States in 1999 and had to move back to France for family reasons 4 years ago. leaving the States was a heart brake. I move back there next year.
Those who say that leaving is not an issue are those who never dare doing. Going for happiness through changes is very courageous. As long as you keep moving there's no failure. keeping yourself in an uncomfortable position is pulling yourself down. Go forward, try it. You'll have less regrets than the thought of what it would have been if...
See, I'm nearly 40, which is still very young, and most of my friends wonder about God knows what!, think that "now it's too late" which is not false.....
I don't! cause I've never opened the door to the "what if...". When I look at myself, alone, facing the mirror, the only question is "what's next?" and that makes me feel god damned good!
I'm not saying I'm right. But experience shows that only the one who dares, wins....
GO!