Hi, new member here, with a few questions about working in the Dam.

Hey,

I'm a 21 year old male who has just finished college and I don't plan on going to University. Instead, I want to go abroad to Amsterdam and work there.

Understandibly, my Diploma in Networking and Computer Hardware won't get me too far in a country whos language I do not know, and country I do not live in.

I've searched around on the internet and found that the best way to start work in Amsterdam is on the tourist side. Either with tour groups, hostels, or hotels. Hostels + hotels being the better option, as I've read that some tend to discount or even allow free stay while you work there.

So my question; which I'm really eager to find an answer about, is how/where on earth do I start? The only resource I can come up with is just getting a big list of hotels/hostels and phoning them individually and trying to convince them about my plan.

Has anyone on this site done anything like this? Or are there ant tips that anyone can give me. It'll be a huge help.

Hope to hear from someone soon,

Hi Kylej,

Welcome to the forum.  If you have a diploma in something it can get you quite far in Holland.  There are many international companies here that have English as their in house language and looking into a few of those may be beneficial. Check out werk.nl website for English speaking jobs. Regards working in hotels and restraunts, this is an option, however the money is not very good.

If you have any other questions, send me a PM

Bill :cool:

Thanks for the reply.

I would find the hotel/hostel side of work a bit better due to me being flat broke and they may give accomadation for a cut price, or for free.

From the werk.nl website I found http://www.seasonalwork.nl/index.asp. Do you have any information about that maybe?

Hi there,

I'm from Malaysia. I will travel to The Netherlands soon. I know that it is not easy for Asian who can't speak dutch to find a job there. But i really hope i have luck to find a job there. Any suggestion about tourist side job? I will live in Eindhoven.

KyleJ wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

I would find the hotel/hostel side of work a bit better due to me being flat broke and they may give accomadation for a cut price, or for free.

From the werk.nl website I found http://www.seasonalwork.nl/index.asp. Do you have any information about that maybe?

Could be picking Tulips or Fruit on that website, the link didn't work so I couldn't say for sure what it was. Accomodation wise you're right, it isn't cheap in the city, outside Amsterdam it is cheaper and you may find a room lodging in somebodys house for less.

Have a look at the following website and see if it helps you http://amsterdam.expatjobs.eu/index.aspx

When you are here and have a few Euros in you're wallet you should look at other options that pay better.

joycetan wrote:

Hi there,

I'm from Malaysia. I will travel to The Netherlands soon. I know that it is not easy for Asian who can't speak dutch to find a job there. But i really hope i have luck to find a job there. Any suggestion about tourist side job? I will live in Eindhoven.

Hi Joycetan

Take a look at the links in my above post and hopefully something will come out of it for you, if you need more info send me a PM.

Bulldog-Barbie wrote:
joycetan wrote:

Hi there,

Hi Joycetan

Take a look at the links in my above post and hopefully something will come out of it for you, if you need more info send me a PM.

Hoi Bill,

Thanks for the info, you are so kind! :)

Cheers,
Joyce