Is STVP given automatically?

Hi, me again.  Tried to scrutinize the forum's pages and find a similar enquiry to mine to no avail.
I'm still in Singapore and is in Singapore during the duration of all of this: my S pass recently expired on the exact date as it should (cannot renew due to complicated circumstances) however, I did not receive any STVP.  HR (same company) applied for a new application, and it got approved 2 weeks after.  I already have my IPA, however, my pass cannot be issued because of the missing STVP.  Can anybody advise if the STVP is automatically given or my HR needs to apply this to MOM?  It's such a headache.

Hi. Upon cancellation of the pass, HR has the option to have STVP. Looks like your HR didn't include that option. Your HR should call/contact MOM and tell them your employment situation and request for STVP to be issued. Like in the case of my wife, HR called MOM and eventually issued STVP (within 2 days). With STVP, you will have the embarkation number which is what's needed for your new pass.

rsilver wrote:

Hi. Upon cancellation of the pass, HR has the option to have STVP. Looks like your HR didn't include that option. Your HR should call/contact MOM and tell them your employment situation and request for STVP to be issued. Like in the case of my wife, HR called MOM and eventually issued STVP (within 2 days). With STVP, you will have the embarkation number which is what's needed for your new pass.

Hi!  Thanks for your insight.  HR is on it.  Asked them the day after my pass expiry, and they told me STVP is given automatically so should be fine.  But with the missing STVP case, I'm worried that from the duration of my pass expired to the day they are processing my new pass I am illegally staying in Singapore (WITHOUT ME KNOWING).  I did not receive any call from MOM or ICA though nor did my company regarding my stay in Singapore.

STVP will be sent in your email the next day once the pass is cancelled. Check your inbox or spam folder.

raprap wrote:

STVP will be sent in your email the next day once the pass is cancelled. Check your inbox or spam folder.

Hi, already confirmed with MOM that pass expiry = need to request.  Pass cancellation = STVP is automatically given

xiaolongbang wrote:

Hi, already confirmed with MOM that pass expiry = need to request.  Pass cancellation = STVP is automatically given

That is a very important piece of information - which I also didn't know. Thanks for posting it!
And good luck sorting out the mess - hopefully they believe you that it was unintentional and don't classify you as illegal overstayer. Do you have the conversation with your HR in writing as proof? If yes, go and visit MoM with it immediately!

beppi wrote:
xiaolongbang wrote:

That is a very important piece of information - which I also didn't know. Thanks for posting it!
And good luck sorting out the mess - hopefully they believe you that it was unintentional and don't classify you as illegal overstayer. Do you have the conversation with your HR in writing as proof? If yes, go and visit MoM with it immediately!

Hi Beppi,  my pleasure!  I asked the officers, and they advised me to get it ASAP.  I will not be fined for overstaying, as it was the company's fault and if there's going to be a fine, my company will be the one to shoulder it.  Although I am unsure how long will it take for my STVP to get issued, it was already classified as High Priority Ticket in MOM so hoping for the best!

Xiaolong: You are lucky that this is the outcome!
(A fine can be shouldered by the company - but illegal overstayers are often deported and banned!)

beppi wrote:

Xiaolong: You are lucky that this is the outcome!
(A fine can be shouldered by the company - but illegal overstayers are often deported and banned!)

My case is actually like what MOM stated- unique.  Since I did not come here through illegal means, nor did I obtain any pass by unlawful means, it's not illegal.  When I brought up my issue, they did not tell me that what I did was illegal too, they just advised to get it ASAP to avoid being charged for overstaying.  When they applied my new application, MOM can easily access my FIN and they can see my whereabouts, however, I didn't receive any calls from MOM / ICA.  The whole situation is so complicated it's giving everyone a massive headache.

I'm in the same situation. have you received STVP?