ERevealer software

Hello
Im trying to download the ID Card Reader Software available on the services.bahrain.bh website under Identity Card Services. However, when I try and do so, Chrome is blocking the download, saying 'eRevealerSetup.zip is dangerous, so Chrome has blocked it.'

Additionally, I managed to download the file using Edge, but if you upload it to an online file virus scanner (kaspersky for example), it too flags the file as containing malicious software...

So, is there an alternative to the eRevealer software, that doesnt contain these security issues? I'd like to have it deployed internally by my company, but these security issues will prevent that from happening.

Nope that's the one that's configured for cpr reading.  Strange that you got this warning, because when I downloaded a couple of years ago, there were no such warnings.  I am still using the same.

Thanks for the reply. Yes very strange.!
Ive had a search around and cant find any other source for the installer, so I think we're a bit stuck

Even if I ignore the warnings, windows security doesnt allow it execute (to install), so I cant even tell you what version it is etc - its not clear from the downloaded file, or the website

What you should do is google "CIO erevealer" and you will see results for hosting websites where people have put up different versions.  Try downloading one of those and seeing if that works for you.

Thanks for your help again with this. Unfortunately the only one I can consider is the one provided officially. The security group within my org will not consider older versions / unofficially hosted ones etc - so I think I may be stuck

Dear XTangGood day to uI downloaded the ID Card Reader Software "eRevealerSetup.7z" from iga.gov.bh. After successfully installing the software and restarting Windows, and executing "eRevealer.Gcc", I receive the following error message:"Oops! Critical Error. Application may not function properly. PleaseCheck log file for details more details.Error: The type initializer for 'BH.CIO.Smartcard.PCSC.SCReader' threwan exception." is any help how to rectifay it ?Does anyone know how to fix it? thank you very much in advance

Try to run / install the the software with administrative rights. (Run as Administrator). Not sure if it will solve the issue but give it a shot else try installing on another PC.