Puppy transport

Helloo,i am a breeder here in USA and wish to ship a puppy to Puerto Rico.I have check so many airlines and they don't ship pet this time around.i just wanna know if someone ship a puppy to or from Puerto Rico?which airline you used to shiped?Thanks

We shipped via American but, you cannot book more than 10 days in advance and they will not ship an animal if the temperature will be 85 degrees or above at the departure airport, any interim stops, or in San Juan. They do not ship at night and they will also not ship on a flight departing less than 3 hours before their cargo area opens. In Miami, the AA cargo opens at 5AM so no shipping earlier than an 8AM flight.

I think it will be hard to ship for the next several months.

Puerto Rico Travelers Flight Angel

[link moderated]

Look up this group on Facebook

Hi! Did you recently ship a dog via AA cargo? We have been looking into this and it looked like they weren't currently shipping pets that need to go via cargo. Thanks for any info!

We came down a month early because we were concerned they would stop shipping dogs. We came on 4/22 and the dogs were bumped from the 11 am flight but were rebooked on an 8.15 am flight.  We considered ourselves lucky.

If you search for live animal shipping AA cargo you will get a number to call. They were helpful, though it took over 90 minutes to get the paperwork approved and we had everything they needed.

If we were on the same flight we would have missed it as cargo is almost always on the opposite side of the airport from passengers. At Miami that meant a 20 minute drive each way.

Gotcha. Thanks so much for sharing that info. We are planning on moving in October, so we'll keep an eye on our options. Thank you!

It's the temperature right now that makes the airlines stop shipping. If you can fit them under your seat JetBlue allows them in the cabin. Most airlines have also stopped allowing “emotional support” animals and only accept service animals now. We moved in August and brought our two cats in the cabin in carriers. The flight wasn't even 1/2 full so the extra space worked in our favor.