Looking for Americans who moved to Portugal

Hi, I am planning to move to Portugal in 2022.  I am hoping to connect with other Americans who have gone thru this process.  I will be moving with my daughter who will be 18.  I have so many concerns like: access to healthcare, finding an affordable apartment, getting residency, taxes, higher education for my daughter, making friends, working?, the locals like us?, and the list goes on and on.

Anyone out there care to be my guru?

It really depends on the area you move to. Some areas are good with red tape, others are really a bloody nightmare so choose wisely lol

Same thing here  :) , I've been on this site for a while and have learned few things. Welcome.

I, too am planning to move to Portugal in June of 2022.  What areas are better with red tape?  Any advice anyone wants to send our way would be greatly appreciated.

Beth

Hi NB Girl.  I used to live in Irvine.  Maybe we can connect and share info.  I have learned alot about the process online.  But what it says on the Internet verses real life can be starkly different.  Let's share notes off forum.

Hi Beth, I say let's join forces.  I would love to connect and share notes, knowledge, anything that helps make our moves easier.

Absolutely

bgariepy wrote:

I, too am planning to move to Portugal in June of 2022.  What areas are better with red tape?  Any advice anyone wants to send our way would be greatly appreciated.

Beth

Like everywhere else, it's easier dealing with who you know rather than what you know. In many ways the Algarve is becoming an administrative nightmare but then again has its positives. I stay in central Portugal and although admin is difficult sometimes once you meet the staff etc and break ‘the ice' things somehow become a lot easier lol

I am living in the United States (New Jersey to be exact) and am planning on moving to Portugal in the near future as well!

Promoting Portugal to US retirees

Professionals from areas such as real estate, health and taxation will join together in a digital event aimed at promoting Portugal to US citizens looking for solutions and alternatives for retirement.

The event is called "BetterLife 50 plus" and will be broadcast by Zoom and via the social network Facebook on Friday and Saturday (June 18 - 19, 2021):

https://summit.betterlife50plus.com/portugal

Participation in BetterLife 50 plus is free, but subject to registration.

_____

https://www.theportugalnews.com/news/20 … rees/60513

I have Josh & kalie from expats everywhere but have one more… algarve addicts! the gentleman is english and has lived in algarve for 21 years,I find him very knowledgeable and candid, so I see lately he teamed with Josh..As I said I watch lots of videos on these 2 guys, pretty much watch YouTube and follow them in their travels,I live in New York  it was born in Porto,Portugal. Having lived in the USA for 54 years now I'm tossing with the idea of going back to my origins,however I'm not sure we're will “land” Palm Coast,Fl is attractive,but my heart is pushing me to Portugal !!