Working in Hungary during the current conditions..

Hello all,
I am new to the forum, I need some advice and guidance please.
I am Romanian, looking to relocate to Budapest, I have found several jobs for which I am qualified but I am unsure now about the status of foreigners working/coming into the country.

I am not sure about the regulations at the moment, am I allowed to apply for a job? Will I be taken into consideration? I am very confused.

Currently foreigners are barred from entering the country unless they have their residency in HU. Or you can ask for an exemption which may or may not be granted. BUD has some details in english:
https://www.bud.hu/en/covid_19/informat … ng_hungary

I once worked with an Anca R. in Romania, you don't happen to live in Cluj, do you..?

Thank you for your reply :)

And sorry, no, I've never lived in Cluj.

Both your future employer and yourselves should have a bit confidence in the future (ie being vaccinated), also in Romania I think before end of July I think things should be fine. I also (possibly look for opportunities abroad (which might (or not) happen).
Situation is as it is, patience is a good virtue.
By the way, which languages do you speak, why Hungary? Luxembourg is looking for many (French, English, German others will be highly appreciated (and apart from that also well paid).

Of course Budapest is nice, but for the real career better to go for a very good location.

cdw057 wrote:

Both your future employer and yourselves should have a bit confidence in the future (ie being vaccinated), also in Romania I think before end of July I think things should be fine. I also (possibly look for opportunities abroad (which might (or not) happen).
Situation is as it is, patience is a good virtue.
By the way, which languages do you speak, why Hungary? Luxembourg is looking for many (French, English, German others will be highly appreciated (and apart from that also well paid).

Of course Budapest is nice, but for the real career better to go for a very good location.

Yeah, I;m getting the 2nd dose in May, so I'll be fully vaccinated next month.
Why Hungary? Because it's close to home, I live close to the border, and I want to be able to just hop on a train whenever and get home, plus it's where I got offers to :) I do speak French and Spanish also, I guess there would be better offers in other places but I have lived abroad in England for too long, I don't want to go very far either to be honest.

ancar102 wrote:

Why Hungary? Because it's close to home, I live close to the border, and I want to be able to just hop on a train whenever and get home, plus it's where I got offers to :) I do speak French and Spanish also, I guess there would be better offers in other places but I have lived abroad in England for too long, I don't want to go very far either to be honest.

If you speak Hungarian, you can just get a Hungarian passport and then come and go as you please. 

Further West salaries are far higher than around here.  There's always Switzerland.  It's drivable from say Zurich to Budapest within a day easily although the French bits are further West.