Teaching English in Hungary

hey everyone,
i'm a recant college graduate looking to teaching English possibly in Hungary! i am a native english speaker with a TESOL / TESL / TEFL Certification. any tips on which cities i should look into and how i would actualy go about getting a teaching job?  also maybe there are other jobs other then teaching i should look into???  i should also note im a non-EU citizen.

thanks  :)

-Dennis

Hi Everyone,
Does anyone know about CELT EFL training? I found it in Budapest. is it accepted everywhere?
regards
AJ

Hi,

I am looking for a native English teacher from September 2011. It is a new English program, which will start this year in a state kindergarten in the 13th district Budapest. The system is quite unique, the Hungarian teachers are responsible to follow through the curriculum and the English program is built in in the Hungarian curriculum. The English teacher is always together with a Hungarian teacher, so they have to work together. There will be 25 3 years old kids in each group, and we will have two groups this year, so I need two teachers. The English teacher has to be in the class every day from 8.00 am till 1.00 pm and he/she is responsible to do some administration work as well. We have two/three  parents meeting yearly, where the teachers have to attend, and we have maximum 1 hour consultation/ once a week to discuss the topics and tasks of the following week.

If you are interested, please contact me.

Thanks,
Monika Horvath
[email protected]

Hi Monika!

I would suggest you to post an advert in the jobs section of Budapest classifieds.

Regards
Armand