Tips from expats in Astana

Hi all,

everyone can now participate to the Astana business directory!

You can recommend a professional and indicate you appreciate its services.

> A plumber did a great job with your water leak?

> A restaurant always welcomes you warmly?

> A real estate agent helped you to find your dream home in Astana?

Come on: share your insider info and tips on local businesses.

What do you think of that new feature?

Thanks in advance for your ideas and suggestions,

Julien

I haven't had any good experiences yet, but I've only been here a year. When I have one, I'll post it.

Hello michael e and welcome to Expat.com.

Do not hesitate to recommend a professional on our business directory.

Thank you,
Aurélie

michael e wrote:

I haven't had any good experiences yet, but I've only been here a year. When I have one, I'll post it.

You haven't had any good experiences? I am sorry that for such a long period you haven't encountered good service. Do you know Russian or Kazakh? Sometimes people here are just confused and shy about foreigners and speaking english.

michael e wrote:

Hmmm.. nobody appreciated how FUNNY your comment is!!

I see you're working at a university?  Might be coming to K-stan for the same reason if I can arrange a short-term contract (six mos. or less).

I just saw some jobs in Tashkent for 6 or 12 month contracts. Uzbekistan is far more interesting than KZ. There may not be a less friendly place in Central Asia. Not exactly unfriendly, but no warmth at all. Kind of like Korea. But it can be suffered through and at least there are no real religious fanatics in Astana.

Mike