Kazakhstan - Language, Culture, Customs and Etiquette

For most of its history, the territory of modern-day Kazakhstan has been inhabited by nomadic tribes. Kazakhstan has a rich historical background.

What are the main Customs and Etiquette in Kazakhstan?

Is it true that in rural settings, it is a sign of respect to offer the most honoured guest a boiled sheep's head on a beautiful plate?

What are the main spoken languages in Kazakhstan?

Does the word "Kazakh" has any significance and meaning?

Thanking you for your contribution!

Main customs and etiquette...

haha, yes the sheep head story is true! Although I haven't had the honour to attend an event like that myself.
On an event like that the most honoured guest is also asked to speak and toast to all.

When entering a house you (offer to) take of your shoes.

Languages are mainly Russian and Kazakh. English is less spoken, but this also can depend on which part of the country you are in.
Kazakh government is actively promoting Kazakhstan as a trilingual country (Russian, Kazakh and English), but English is not widely spoken.

hi. sorry my bad english)
yes Kazakhstan have very long and rich history. but maybe cause of nomadic life many thinhttps://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=57592gs was cleaned.
main customs and etiquette...m.. i can`t write here shortly) i think kazakh are like many peoples on this world) loving, hating, crying)
Eating head of sheeps not only in rural settings)
Many sciense men says that word kazakh comes from meaning freemens.
[email protected]

Boiled or blackened sheep head. It's eaten everywhere for special occasions. And it should be divided. The ears, the eyes, pieces of brain go to different guests of honor.
The big ceremonial dish is boiled horsemeat and noodles. Very good.