Private Health Insurance

Hi, can anyone recommend a private health insurance company in Malta for me please.  I'm 75 years old and have lived here for the past 20 years. Unfortunately I  let my ID card expire so I need to cover myself until I can resolve the problem which I understand can take weeks. I would be very grateful for any advice.

JanetF wrote:

Hi, can anyone recommend a private health insurance company in Malta for me please.  I'm 75 years old and have lived here for the past 20 years. Unfortunately I  let my ID card expire so I need to cover myself until I can resolve the problem which I understand can take weeks. I would be very grateful for any advice.

Presumably you have applied for your new 10 year card and Identity Malta have said that if your old eResidence/ID card has expired it is still valid until your new card is issued.
That also means that if you have Health Entitlement through the UK's S1 scheme your Health Entitlement Certificate is still valid and you can still renew it even if you ID is expired. We did it on behalf of some friends in a similar situation on line by email, all done in 3 days.

Thank you for your reply. It was very helpful.