Vaccines required in Malta

Hello everybody,

When living or moving abroad, and in particular in Malta, vaccination against certain diseases is often required to enter the country or to avoid risks.

We would like to ask you a few questions to help future expats there.

What is your relationship to vaccines in general?

Did you get vaccinated before moving to Malta?
Were these vaccinations compulsory or recommended?

Did you refuse to get any vaccine that was recommended for Malta? If so, why?

If you are an expatriate in Malta, are you encouraged to get a COVID-19 vaccine? Do you have access to the vaccine and do you plan to get it?

Is this vaccine required for entering the country now?

Many thanks,

Diksha,
Expat.com team

At the moment they seem to have only vaccinated the over eighties
here, although the government like to say how well they are doing it does seem to be very slow here on Gozo, think it will be a while before
we get a letter with a date to go.
Coming from the UK we didn't need vaccinations to live here although I
believe that people from other parts of the world are tested for TB.

I have concerns about the vaccines and will be holding off as long as I can to see what long term side effects there may be.

I'm not at all impressed with how governments have handled this, trashing our hard fought for freedoms.  Malta has been good however, compared to the UK, which is where I've come from.  There are very few restrictions on things here in Malta.

AndyB74 wrote:

I have concerns about the vaccines and will be holding off as long as I can to see what long term side effects there may be.

I'm not at all impressed with how governments have handled this, trashing our hard fought for freedoms.  Malta has been good however, compared to the UK, which is where I've come from.  There are very few restrictions on things here in Malta.

As far as the government here are concerned the virus does not exist the cases have been rising,
there was more done by the government when the cases were in single figures, all that's happened now is you have to wear a mask all the time and bars cannot sell beer.

AndyB74 wrote:

You, say the UK, you mean England? Wales and Scotland have handled it completely different to England and for the better.

Yes, I've come in from London.....

SimCityAT wrote:
AndyB74 wrote:

You, say the UK, you mean England? Wales and Scotland have handled it completely different to England and for the better.

The figures show England has done considerably better than either Wales or Scotland so far!

AndyB74 wrote:

If you compare the number of cases in Malta per hundred thousand it's the same or either higher now then the UK, I assume you did not live here when we had lockdown when everything was going well until there were large parties held.

No - I wasn't here then.  But my point is, I prefer the less strict approach Malta is taking.  Things are very bad back in London - depression, suicides, etc. You can't keep people locked up forever - virus or no virus.

AndyB74 wrote:

No - I wasn't here then.  But my point is, I prefer the less strict approach Malta is taking.  Things are very bad back in London - depression, suicides, etc. You can't keep people locked up forever - virus or no virus.

When we had lockdown here there were hardly any deaths and few cases since it was lifted both have risen sharply and no one in government cares.

That's a fair enough point - and I completely respect that point of view.  I'll just be glad when we can put this all behind us.

Looking at the Death Rates and adverse reaction on this EXPERIMANTAL Vaccine which was never able to get licensed for Animals I can only say: one more reason not to move to Malta!! No one in the world knows the outcome. In the first month 30000 people reported 100 0000 adverse reactions. On the CDC vaers website and yellow paper from the UK you can see the adverse reactions and deaths which were reported. Not everything was reported which is normal. So the Dark number is much much higher. I will not Gamble with my life for an Experiment. In gerneral to Vaccines: The minimum basic once and not more. I trust my immun System. Measles did not kill me, Mumps did not kill me, Rubella did not kill me, Scarlet Fever did not kill me. So I am good thanks!

godbyemalta wrote:

Looking at the Death Rates and adverse reaction on this EXPERIMANTAL Vaccine which was never able to get licensed for Animals I can only say: one more reason not to move to Malta!! No one in the world knows the outcome. In the first month 30000 people reported 100 0000 adverse reactions. On the CDC vaers website and yellow paper from the UK you can see the adverse reactions and deaths which were reported. Not everything was reported which is normal. So the Dark number is much much higher. I will not Gamble with my life for an Experiment. In gerneral to Vaccines: The minimum basic once and not more. I trust my immun System. Measles did not kill me, Mumps did not kill me, Rubella did not kill me, Scarlet Fever did not kill me. So I am good thanks!

The vaccine approvals are EU wide, this has nothing to do with Malta.

I am from Scotland and the situation is the same as England.