Residency permits and brexit

Hello, Fiona and I have the paper residency cards which I understand give us six month residency in Greece. We have had these for a year or so. Can anyone help with a couple of queries please.

Are these still valid now that brexit has happened?

Do they work in addition to the 90 days in 180 that non EU citizens are allowed in the EU, or is time spent in Greece with these cards still part of the overall time allowance?

Do we need to change them for new bio metric cards?

Any advice or answers would be very welcome. Thank you. Best wishes, Phil and Fiona.

When you say residency cards do you mean..Registration cards?...These cards can be changed for a residency permit if you have been living here before or during the Transition period.If living here for five years you can have a ten year permit which is renewable or if less than five years you get a five year permit which is also renewable into a ten year permit after the fives years expires,your children are also entitled to the same.I am in the process of renewing the simple registration card into a permit,I have to do this even though I am married with a Greek.You must have proof of living here as a resident with things like...rent payments with bill payments,if you own property you must show all contracts,symvolio etc..lawyers papers for property,always keep every bit of proof of living here,bank statements,IKA if one pays into.British expats are up in arms because they rightly say...we bought property here,invested here and now we only get ninety days to stay here,we want at least one hundred and eighty to enjoy our homes here,they have organised a petition to the Greek government which can be seen on line and joined.

Hi, thank you for your reply. Kind of you. These are, we're told, issued by the police and available to us as we lived for 6 months at a time on a boat which was based in a marina. If we stayed longer we would need to pay tax we were told.

They are greyish card three fold documents with passport type photograph inside, stamped. It's all Greek which regrettably we don not speak.  To get them we had to have an interview with the police via a translator, prove we have 3,000 euro in each of our bank accounts plus health insurance.
best wishes
Phil & Fiona

I dont understand why if you are British you needed to do that as you were European citizens and were allowed to be here by the law,as you were living for more than three months you would have needed only the registration card.I think now you will only get the ninety days buy obviously you will find more information on line or with the British consulate.It must be lovely to come here on your boat,enjoying the Greek seas and all the islands,the weather,the British weather has been seriously dismal.

Thanks. We wanted to see if we could get longer in Greece than the 90 days in 180 with the cards, and if we needed to exchange them for the new bio version. I guess time will tell. Best wishes.