Vaccine and truths

vaccine and truths what really happens with the vaccine there are questions never in history did they find the antidote so quickly ..... i hope they do the same with cancer?

if you go on line to Edward Jenner,a fascinating and extremely clever scientist from the past who lived in the times of pandemics of..Smallpox..which devastated humans in many areas of the planet on many occasions,you will read about his work and research into treating it.Smallpox derives from..Cowpox..and most dairymaids caught Cowpox from the cows they milked thus giving themselves immunity from Smallpox.Edward decided to inject non- infected people under the skin with some pus etc..from infected people,it worked and he treated even royalty,he was ridiculed for a long time of course until his methods were accepted,some died when injected but the most did not,they became immune for their future lives.he was a poet,musician,geologist,writer on many subjects,so a profusely busy man.Unfortunately Tuberculosis was also around as a general killer and his wife died of it.It was called Consumption and it consumed them sometimes slowly over a long period of time with the damp English weather hastening their end which was very horrible.One of my favorite writers..Robert Louis Stevenson had it and moved to the South Pacific so as to prolong his life and escape the British Isles,the land of green and damp.Perhaps we should all study these great research scientist more lest they and their efforts be forgotten like Georgios Papanikolou who found the Smear Test for women all over the world through his studies and has saved the lives of millions as a result. In Greece they call it the Pap Test in his honor.I believe a photo plaque should be in every womens health clinic so we remember him.

Thanks for your help. you're so good

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

From what I understand; the reason the vaccines have been developed so quickly is:

1st - the COVID virus is very similar to other known Coronaviruses, so much of the information needed was already known.
2nd - the testing method changed; ordinarily these things are developed in stages by private pharmaceutical companies, so the shareholders are paying the bills.  The developments are examined at the end of each stage and then a decision is made as to whether to continue with the next stage; there is no rush in this, so for example, let's say each stage takes 6 months and there are 10 stages, it would take 60 months to develop and even then, it may get parked until demand is enough to warrant production.  However, this time, the taxpayer is paying, so they ran all the stages at the same time, it's had the same testing, but all ran at the same time, so took 10 months to complete and be signed off by the regulatory authorities.

That's my understanding and may not necessarily be the view of the Expat.com organisation.

Cynic
Expat Team

I am very interested to see how long a time duration this vaccine will provide immunity..one month..three months or six,more?The normal flu vaccine doesnt protect against all strains so will the Covid vaccine hep us with the mutated versions,time of course will tell.Pandemics are horrors that humans have had to face every so often through time along with the general diseases that were in the system,my mothers brother died of Polio.I see on utube people saying..this is crazy to keep washing hands,being so clean,being afraid of Covid,our immune systems work very well to protect us..our immune systems actually dont work so well when they have never met a bacteria,virus etc..that is why when the Crusader armies hit on the Inka peoples those natives dropped like flies from common colds,measles,chicken pox etc..and the natives of Australia did the same when invaded by Imperialists.Many countries were invaded not only by men but by new pathogens that were as lethal as the sword and cannon fire and Covid certainly hit us like a cannon ball didnt it.

Yeah, will be interesting.  The flu vaccine is reviewed every year, sometimes they get it right, others times it's not so effective.  As for others and their opinions, I don't worry about them; if they want to spend their lives continually looking over their shoulders, then it's their life to waste.