Residency Card

Hello everyone
I been in Spain since September 2020 to get my residency and since then could not get an appointment for residency. The location I need to attend appointment is Alicante and it seems they are very busy. The only way to get an appointment is online and I try almost everyday but no luck.
I want to know since I could not get an appointment what happens when January 2021 starts. Please advice me because I am totally lost.
Thanks.

EU citizen or UK/Non-EU?

Yes sorry should have said UK citizen.

I don't know but if you have a look at the CAB Spain website or Facebook page this sort of question get's asked all the time. If there is a way around it I'm sure you'll find it there.

If you're willing to pay I understand that lots of locutorios have bagged the appointments in some way and are selling them on. There are adverts in places like milanuncios also selling citas previas. I've only read about this in the Spanish press so it may be bad information, and I suspect that it's a city phenomenon, but the lack of appointments and the pirating of them is a repeating story in the Spanish media.

Hello
These people have given me some amazing FREE advice  -
https://www.facebook.com/BabeliaInEnglish

I think they are based in Valencia but have been to Benidorm for public presentations at the town hall.

I only landed December but these have arranged appointments for me for the padron, S1 advice, etc.
They should be fed up hearing from me but
they keep helping,  truly nice people  !!

NO SCAMS, government paid ,to help new residents.

DO check with them, but it is my understanding if you have a proper tenancy agreement before end of December(not a tent ).
Then you have until june to register for residency .
I'm from England now in Benidorm.
Almost got everything sorted now.
Thanks to Eleanor