Social security

Hello,

I am in Madrid and look for a job. I have to subscribe to the social security. I am a swiss woman.

Recently, I had  a call from a french firm for an interview but the woman asked
me to come with my social security and spanish bank account.
But if I visit the social security website it looks that the employer can make it.
However the recruiter does not seem to make the effort and I am afraid that they do
not want to hire me because I do not have security social number. I have no news
from her.

I tried to call the social security but my nivel in spanish is intermediate and nobody
speaks english. I filled the application, I have my NIE and my passport. But I
do not know if I have to take an apointment.

I do not know how to do to get my subscription to the social security.

is anyone can help me ?

Thanks !

Simone

It's a long time since I got a Social Security number but I don't remember it as being difficult.

I think you will have to get an appointment. You can do that online by searching cita previa - seguridad social. You may not need an appointment, it depends on the office.

Take documentation to prove who you are. Take anything you have such as Passport/TIE/Resident Certificate/NIE. I don't think you need it but if you have a padrón take that too. The best thing with any Spanish "government" office is to take any piece of paper that might be asked for, just in case. Take copies of anything you can particularly the passport/NIE/TIE/resident Certificate type thing.

If your Spanish is poor you could write a note in Google translate saying what you want and take a copy in Spanish to the office.

I just saw a post elsewhere that says you can get a social security number online. The form you need is apparently a TA1. Here's a link. If Expat remove the link search  for Procedimiento de Obtención del Número de Seguridad Social on the seg-social link.

You can always run the text through a translator like Google translate

Chris.
Really useful post

Thanks
John