Proof financial funds for an admit with Tuition fee

Hi,

I am from India. I have received an admit to a Uni in Germany, which is public, but they do charge tuition fees for international students. I know that the visa application requires a blocked account with 10,236 euros but I am confused about the proof of tuition fee. Should I show the proof of tuition fee along with the living expenses in the blocked account or is there some other document I should present?

The embassy (which wants the blocked account as proof that you can afford the stay) and the university (which charges the tuition fees) are not the same and not linked to each other.
Thus you should ask each one about what they need to see.

Thank you for your response Beppi.

The college does not require any proof. The embassy requires a blocked account with a minimum of 10,236 euros for living expenses for 1 one year.

I would assume that the University will somehow give you a bill for the tuition and they will have to receive payment  before you can start. Like Beppi mentioned, this is independent of the blocked account money for living expenses. Possibly the visa authorities would also want to see a confirmation of the tuition payment which one would get from the University. But if so, they will tell you.

I am curious though since Indian citizens are presently banned from coming to Germany because of Covid-19 and most universities are not in session, any classes are being held online. From my understanding the embassy or consulates will not be even taking visa applications. I know this a fact about the consulate in Chennai since I looked at their website yesterday.

Thank you TomminStuttgart,

Regarding the visa applications, according to the VFS centers in Chennai, they have begun processing new applications for masters students with unconditional and binding admits and confirmation of physical presence certificate from the respective university. The VFS centers in Delhi and Hyderabad have begun processing new masters from 17.08.2020 as well.

I stand by my information straight from the website of the German consulate in Chennai. 

I don't know much about VFS but looked at its website. It is a commercial company that at least claims to be working with governments worldwide wishing to outsource as they say administrative and non-judgmental tasks like taking visa applications.

They admit that they play no part in the decision making process, which is done by the consulate. So I am not sure what reason people would even use such a company, more cost for what purpose since they don't decide or issue the actual visa?

They could theoretically be taking applications but if the consulate isn't processing them then they just sit somewhere. And the consulate website says such things are NOT being processed. Doesn't make much sense to issue visas since Indians are NOT allowed to come to Germany at the moment.

I am not saying that the VFS company is necessarily a fraud if they are taking applications to countries not issuing visas but it sound pretty questionable at best. Does it make sense to apply before things open up again? I'm not sure. Maybe it would mean one is ahead of the line of applications once processing resumes. Or maybe it is a waste of money as one's plans could easily change before anything happens especially if the ban for Indians is not lifted for quite awhile. And body can say for sure when that might happen.

I am posting a link about complaints about VSF although it might be biased as it is posted by a competitor. There are accusations that they monopolize this sector and often make costly mistakes.

https://www.ivisa.com/visa-blog/vfs-glo … complaints

Mr. TominStuttgart,

I understand your concern. I am pasting the link of the German Missions in India below,

https://india.diplo.de/in-en

If you go through the site, you'll find instructions to contact the local VFS for the appointments.

Right now, the VFS acts as just a mediator between the applicant and Embassy. The VFS collects the application and required documents as mentioned in the checklist. The VFS verifies the documents and then passes the file to the embassy to check if the applicant meets the requirements and also if the applicant really requires to be in Germany in-person to continue his/her studies.

And as per the instruction of the embassy, they'll reject or sanction a travel visa to the applicant. The applicant has to make another appointment with the VFS for the D-stamping.

The embassies in India are not in full capacity to provide appointments or let people in, and therefore they have appointed the VFS to do the same.

Tom: As far as I know, the German missions in India have outsourced certain visa applications to VFS - meaning Indians can ONLY apply for these visas through VFS.
That certainly sucks, but there is nothing a wanna-be student in Germany can do about it.

Indeed., most of the EUropean missions in India has outsourced the handling of paperwork and interaction with applicants, to VFS Global. Their service is not that bad and it takes a lot of admin overhead from the consulate (making sure application file is complete, collection of documents, fingerprint if needed, communication with the applicant, etc etc).

I know that there are constant postings about people having problems to get interviews at the German consulates in India. So it does not surprise me that outsourcing the application process has come about - although I did not see it mentioned as being required to go through such an agency on the consulate website I looked at.  Maybe it is usually better even if not mandatory. My concern is that these companies of course charge money and it sounds like they are accepting applications although they cannot be approved and issued by the consulates yet due to the travel ban.

Like I mentioned; hard for me to judge but it sounds very questionable since such things usually have a time frame. Better one know they will have to wait to apply, even indefinitely, than to pay money and  expect something to happen and then have to endlessly wait and in the meantime miss taking a job or starting a university program. If the time runs out and they have to significantly change the conditions of the application, or submit a new one, then likely they have to pay again? And are clients being properly informed of such risks? Is it preying on false hopes just to get people's fees – or is it legitimate that one gets the application in as early as possible so that they are first in the queue when they are again decided on?

Any way one looks at it; I think it would be inappropriate not to warn someone asking here about the subject that even if this company is taking applications, the ban is still on until further notice and it's not likely that anyone can reliably say if this will change in a week, a month or a year.

Tom: The first and foremost priority of a company like VFS (ind fact, any company) is not to help clients (that might be the second - if you are lucky), but to make money. They probably call it "helping our clients to get ahead in the queue once processing starts again" instead of "preying on false hopes" - and basically they mean the same thing.
Whoever believes (or hopes) otherwise is naive and likely to be disappointed.

beppi wrote:

Tom: The first and foremost priority of a company like VFS (ind fact, any company) is not to help clients (that might be the second - if you are lucky), but to make money. They probably call it "helping our clients to get ahead in the queue once processing starts again" instead of "preying on false hopes" - and basically they mean the same thing.
Whoever believes (or hopes) otherwise is naive and likely to be disappointed.

I agree. But in the situation it might not be avoidable to go through such companies. And it is of course a big difference when a company is nothing but a fraud – rather than a poorly run and sometimes unfair. If consulates are working with such companies, then it gives them a certain legitimacy. Then one should be made aware of how far they can actually be trusted. What I don't know is exactly what they are telling clients about applying for a country that is banned at the moment. If they are open about the risks and say would not charge again to later change the application dates as needed then it might not be a problem. If they charge for applications that are destined for the waste basket since they won't be processed in time then they should be avoided until the ban is lifted.