German Language Requirement for Skilled worker

Good day to everyone

*I hope this is not a duplicate post, i have searched the forums to make sure it inst but may have missed something*

SOME BACKGROUND

Work and Studies
I work in the automotive automation industry all over USA and South Africa. I have a national diploma in IT (3 years) of study from a university in South Africa that Germany classifies as H+, which is good, in equivalency to their standards.

Firstly i am not sure should i apply for Blue card or skilled worker with vocational training as a degree in my country is considered to be 4 years worth of studies.
I have been in my profession for a couple of years , 4 years post studies and about 3 years before my studies.

Job Offer

A German company that i have worked with locally in South Africa has offered me permanent employment in Gelsenkirchen, Germany. Covid-19 interfered with those plans, but luckily the offer is back up on the table. The offer is €3200 before taxes.

My wife is in the catering management, chef, hospitality industry with 4 years worth of vocational training but she has no job offer. Plan is for me to go over and then get her over on a spousal visa hopefully.We also have a newborn on the way.

Reasons for Leaving and the rush to get out

The tension in South Africa is also getting high and at the moment i am sitting in the USA, my wife back in South Africa. We are all concerned about our safety etc, this discussion can go on forever.
Upon my return to SA i plan on getting our appointments sorted and hopefully get through it with ease.

OKAY SO FINALLY TO MY QUESTION

For the blue card visa I believe I need no German language certification if I'm not mistaken but my spouse will need at least A1 level.

If i apply for the skilled worker visa with vocational training, rather than the blue card visa, do i myself need German language certification before i can apply? That is what is not clear to me?

NOTE:
As south Africans we speak Afrikaans, close to Flemish so it is a bit easier for us to learn German language. Me and my wife intentions are to fully integrate with the German culture, language etc.
Our goal is not to come as South Africans and push our culture onto the German culture but rather to adapt to our new surroundings and learn.

Met Vriendelike Groete *Afrikaans*

You do not need to show any German language skills to get the work visa (any type). Neither does your wife for the dependent's visa. But of course language is the key to the level of integration (and happiness) you want to achieve.
I just want to mention that the pay is rather low for your background and, at just over €2000/month after compulsory deductions, might not be enough for the lifestyle you want. The average (after tax) household income for a family of three is €3400/month in Germany.

Thank you beppi.

The offer is low, I am a self employed contractor for a couple of years and I get way more than that. But, in the end it comes down too that its not easy for some of us like the citizen from usa and eu countries to enter another cou try with relative ease.

I have declined the offer a couple of times actually. With the rate at which our South Africa economy amd government is going to me it seems we will be bankrupt and non existent  very soon.

So for the safety of me and my wife and baby it makes sense to bite the bullet get out the country where we can then go to a country where I will be more than happy to pay the taxes etc if you get your worth for it and hopefully a better lifestyle.

Atleast it will be a stepping stone for us to further our career opportunities for the better to eventually live then a more average life rather than below average.

Wife will come over and hopefully find work soon enough hopefully in the Chef/ Hospitality and catering management  industry to contribute to the family fund every month.

Well, I wish you good luck then!

Like Beppi mentioned, there is no language requirement for you, the thing is that if an employer is willing to hire you and do their part of the necessary paper work then you should be granted a work visa – unless you have a serious criminal record or a ban due to an immigration violation.

Your wife also has no language requirement. The spouse of a German citizen coming on a family reunion visa would, but not you as a foreigner. But like often mentioned here, learning German will usually be the key to a content working and social life. Your wife might however find it difficult if not impossible to find a job fitting her experience before she has rather fluent German. The professional jobs available with English as the working language or in niche areas and much less common than many seem to assume. I would say 98% of jobs in Germany require German.

And there is often a lot of hype about a blue card. One can apply for it afterward, if the income level and other requirements are met. But the main advantage of a blue card is that it gives a shortened path to either a permanent residency or eventually citizenship. So for those not intending to stay and live indefinitely in Germany, what is the point? And for those who truly are, having the process take a bit longer is usually irrelevant. The only scenario I think of is if one would lose their job after a few years and not find a new one they could be in a situation that they have to leave Germany because they are still on a limited residency and might have already gotten a permanent one if they had had a blue card.

Hi Ryno,
have you left SA yet?
It is advisable to be in the country when your kids are young, as a language has nuances that must be learnt as you grow up. A state school is virtually free, but int school is a massive cost.
Afrikaans does help me to understand a bit of flemish but of very little use when it comes to German Grammar - be well aware. I have found a good conversational app.
I am here for 18 months now, speak German well, and am battling to find work. Hospitality is ok if you are in a head office, the rest of the areas will require German, and mostly fluent spoken and written German is required.
Houses are extremely expensive compared to SA.
Social life is better, as you can walk around at night, there are people and life.