Options for courier/money transfer

Hello Everyone,
Can anyone please suggest few good options for courier services. I want to courier few things to India and US. Few options with an idea on rates and quality of service based on your experience would help!

Also, I want to transfer money to India and US. I know about Western Union, but not having idea about the rates for transfer. Again, few options with idea on rates and QOS would help here too! :)

Thanks in advance! :)
Sanket

For moeny transfer to US, just open Citi or HSBC and its simple.  For India, not sure.

For courier, DHL, FED Ex, etc. It costs more but it arrives and you can track.  There are a few Asian carriers and I used one based in India, cant remember the name.

I think its best to open a dollar account with Citi or HSBC and it would be easier to transfer money anywhere.

Have you tried LBC, you can send money to the US but I am not sure going to India as LBC may not have a branch there.

Thanks for suggestions :)
My company had my bank account opened in StanChat. Not sure if StanChat has money transfer option across countries. I would be staying for 2-3 months more. So not sure if I would open another bank account.

So finally I would have to try some money transfer agent. Only thing is I am not sure about the rates and QOS. Can find it over internet too.

Standard Chartered has money transfer. See if there is a branch in India and open one. Worst case is that you wire funds to your India local account. Will probably have better rates than a money transfer agent, and a bit more secure.

I thought I saw a money transfer agent along Arnaiz, its not far from the Residences Building..like a Thomas Cook Money Transfer but I could not be so sure.

As for the rates, Philippines money changer have never been giving good rates...It has been going on for decades. At one point I thought they have this organization to control the exchange rate, unlike other countries where there is really competition.

[moderated: free ads is not allowed]

ricoevangelista wrote:

[moderated: free ads is not allowed]

Actually the best rates are in Chinatown, Manila but is considered black market changing...