Does the law require ladies to wear Abaya while inside a car ?

Hello Friends

While going through posts was able to understand that women must wear Abaya in public places.

Does the inside of a car considered as public place for this regulation.Is it acceptable to take off the Abaya while on a drive   

Thanks

Ame

@ Ame: Its a debatable point, but then nobody does remove the abaya once they have left their houses. I am sure the lady members here will concur with me when I say so.

Dear RedGoblin

Thank you for your response.

I hope lady forum members will post their valuable opinion very soon.

The question relates to my wife who will be moving with me to Riyadh soon.

Thanks
      Ame

The safest way is to wear your abaya when outside your house/compound, unless expressly told it is acceptable to take it off i.e. at an Embassy event or an all women function.

Well, it is the law to wear an abaya in Saudi Arabia. So being inside a car doesn't change the  country.:D:P

Hello Sandy storm and DRose

Thank you for your inputs.

I understand that being inside a compound does not require one to wear an abaya:).

I was curious to find out if being inside a car is any different.

Cheers:)

A compound is a country inside the country with his one law.
The law about abaya sometimes completely opposite- you are not allowed to wear it. Such is a sarcasm!

Hi ame6792

My hubby will be in Jeddah as of 1 August and we will follow as soon as the family visa is sorted out. It is good to know what to expect and I was not sure about the Abaya...I would suggest your wife puts it on the moment she leaves the compound.

Hope you are going to enjoy your time there

i belive there are no written laws to ask women to wear abaya ...
its tradition, which have been implemented here by strong religious leaders who have been strength of govt for long time.

There was no rules till now to wear Abaya even in or outside the car or any where in the Kingdom. It's just tradition only.

hi ame,
better keep abaya in car aslo as car is not so private when on road
Thanks

yes as said Drose