My dream: move to L.A. How is the everyday life there?

Hi everyone. I am French and I seriously consider moving to the US, specifically LA. I find the culture, the life, the landscape and the weather very attractive, but I have never been there yet. My husband studied 4 years in UCLA and loved LA, he keeps on telling how wonderful was life there.

California seems to me very attractive, but I don't really have an idea of how is everyday life there. If anyone could give me some explanations I would be very happy.

And if there are any French expats there who could tell me the differences between life in France and California, that would be very appreciated too.

Thanks to all!

Bonjour!  Bienvenu à L.A. 

For a starter, driving is part of life here!  I actually think that you could get a degree with all the accumulated hours on the road. 

Having said that, the weather is great most of the time.  But, you might miss the four seasons back home, as most of my out-of-state friends complain.  At least, our winter is not freezing cold! 

L.A. is a sprawling city; it really depends on where you live and your own preference.  Come kiss the sun!

Ciao. :cool:

Hi truedreams! :)

The Network French expatriates in Los Angeles might help you.

All the best,
Harmonie.

This sounds dso crazey im a 28 yaer old female form bristol england, going to the states alone for  the frist to to la, can anyone advise me on any networks so im not totally on my own and straded...please