New member with a question :)

Hello everyone!! I came across this website and thought maybe someone can help me! My husband is Bulgarian and I'm American. We've been married since 2008. We are now in the final phase of getting his 10 year green card for the states, but now we are thiking about moving to Bulgaria. Now I was in Bulgaria from Feb of 2008 until Aug 2009 with no visa. I had stayed that long there because while doing the paperwork for him to come to the USA I didnt want to wait alone in the States for him, so utimalty I stayed. And I can NOT say I regret it, in fact I LOVED it and so we are now thinking to go back. The only reason is becasue we know how the job situation is and how expesive everything is. But needless to say we LOVE Bulgaria and want to go back. Now my question is do I need a visa to live there and work there? There is not a problem to live with his parents for a while, so for a place to live, I'm not so worried. Just I would like to know since we have been married for 3 years, would I stil need a visa? Any advice or thoughts would be great and very helpful! Hope to hear from you soon!! Thank you in advance!! =D

Hi and welcome to the forum noneyabuz!

I hope other members can advise you soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Thank You!! I hope other members can advise me too!! ;)

I tried to find info about this on the Bulgarian embassy website and felt like I'd gone back to the early days of the internet (their website SUCKS). However, based on my knowledge of looking into the rules of many other european countries, I find it unlikely that you'll be able to go there without a visa. It's usually easier to get a visa as a spouse than as a single person without ties to the country, but you still probably have to get one.

maybe calling the embassy would be more helpful?

Thank you, Yes i have looked at their website, and yes i agree, it Sucks!! haha, I am going to have my husband email the embassy this week. So hopefully we will have an answer. Thank you! ;)=D

well, I thought I would update this! We called the embassy, and they said I would need a D visa. I can go anytime to the embassy with my ID, Marriage liscencse, application and a form saying I'm not a crimanal (which needs to be translated into Bulgarian for about $20.00)And I believe they said the visa is free, but when I go, I'll know more. This visa is good for 180 days and while in BG I would need to apply for a permit resident card. So I guess that's all.
I just thought I would put that info up here in case someone else has a similar question!! =D

Dear noneyabuz,

May I please ask how did the procedure go for you, in regards to applying for the visa, etc? Did you actually apply for a visa D or visa C?

Were there specific requirements, such as length of validity on your passport, married name on your passport, validity of your police certificate, etc?

Hope to hear good news from you! :)

Sincerely

Dear Lady ,
You buy a cheep property in Bulgaria ( from 3000 euro or more )
And you can have easu your residence permit without any problem

Axinia

axinia milanova wrote:

Dear Lady ,
You buy a cheep property in Bulgaria ( from 3000 euro or more )
And you can have easu your residence permit without any problem

Axinia

Any proof of this anywhere? as this is a general yet very, very good way. Buying the house outside of the country will help you not doing a back and forth event. Voila. But I'd like to see proof if any, or anyone similar situation.

Thanks