Looking for advice!!

Hi, my Swedish partner and I are considering moving to Eskilstuna (her home town) to raise our young son.
I would like to hear any pros and cons from any British Expats out there with regards to life in Sweden, language, work etc. I am currently a paramedic in London and would like to continue to do a similar job in Sweden.
Any advice would be welcomed

Hi and welcome on board paul.sandy!

I hope other members will help you soon ;)

Regards
Armand

I'm neither an expat nor am I British, but I am a medical student. A licensed doctor from a EU country can to my knowledge work anywhere inside the EU without any issues. I would suspect the same is basically true for paramedics.

Good knowledge of the Swedish language is required for almost all jobs, and especially the jobs worth doing. So if making hamburgers at McDonalds doesn't sound appealing, that's something to take into account.

The language itself is not the easiest one in the world, but given some time and practice, you will be talking Swedish soon enough.

The culture and everything is, as I'm sure you know, pretty similar to the one you have in England. I've lived in an English family for three weeks and I didn't encounter any particular differences (except for some extremely bad food culture - fries with pizza for dinner one night. God-awful.)

Hope I've been to some help

Regards