Some Visa Advice

Hi Everyone,

I am currently seeking advice on some options as I am afraid I have missed something. I am originally from Singapore, having studied two years in Belgium and done my master's in psychology there. During my course of studies, I met my current girlfriend of two years there, and she is from Hamburg, Germany. Towards the end of my studies, we decided to move to Germany as she wanted to be close to her mom who is ill and I wanted to support her. As such, I applied and got approved to have a job seeker visa here in Germany, and have been sending many job applications since. Unfortunately, while I am still in the process of waiting for the results for some, the deadline for the end of my job seeker visa is getting closer.

Therefore, I was looking for what other options I have available to stay here with my girlfriend. I understand that marriage is an option but we do not want to do that unless it is a last resort, and I have also looked up the lebensgemeinshaft visa which is similar. Does anyone have any other idea or advice for my current predicament for a visa or so?

Thank you very much in advance.

Greetings from a fellow Singaporean in Germany (my wife)!
If you cannot or don't want to get a visa based on the relationship (which means marrying or making a baby), then you must get a visa on your own merits.
Options are work, study (a full-time language class is sufficient) and a few more oscure ones like WHV, Aupair, JSV, etc.

I would wonder if you even qualify for a Job Seeker Visa since it requires not only a degree but also 5 years professional experience. If you have trouble to get it, you can still look online for jobs or come to Germany on a tourist visa and look for a job. You just can't start the job directly without getting a work visa if you haven't got a JSK. And for this you need to return either to your home country or country of residence. If you are still a resident of Belgium then it should be possible from there. But if you have already given up legal residency there, then you might even have to go back to Singapore to apply. In the end, it never hurts to go to the immigration authorities and see what they say. Exceptions to rules are not unheard of. When you tell them you have been living in Belgium the last few years then they can see the logic of why it would be a hardship to expect you to go to Singapore to apply.