Advanced Learning Schools - Riyadh

I have been to see this school today and am considering it for my daughter. It is an english language private international school open to saudi and non saudi. It has an IB curriculum.

I understand that this school would only appeal to Muslim expats since there is a Arabic and Islamic component to the curriculum. About 155 of the school is non saudi.

If anybody has any feedback or comments relating to this school specifically, please let me know. I am very interested to hear opinions from the elders of the expat community :)

Thank you

Do study Quran and Islam yourself to know if school and Islamic environment is good for your kids or not. You would be amazed to know a lot of things from Quran if you read translation. You would be unhappy over why you did not read Quran earlier and not knew about real Islam and just got carried away with image of media or false-representation of Islam by so called muslims. Do send me your experience to [email protected] if you like..

I would say that if you have your own religion and don't want your children children exposed to Islamic teachings, this isn't the place for you.

Would you please let me know what wrong Islam would teach even to non-muslims by its Islamic environment? Islamic environment would teach it to that there is just one god and all religious scripture talk about just this. Nowhere in any scripture in Hinduism or Christianity, we find there are two or three gods. It is done by people who teach from their mouth and not from scripture. So, it is only in Islamic environment, a non-muslim kid would learn that there are no false deities but just one God, and Allah is name for that God. It is another thing that his family would impose later to his mind their mathematics that 1=1+1+1 in religion and 1 is 3 and 3 is 1 and make his mind permanently confused. In case of hinduism, 1 is countless and 1 is countless and countless is one. And they never learn who is God in charge and who other so called false deities are. Try to teach all three ideology to kid in childhood and see what concept they can understand clearly.

@Asifhere - This is an EB forum and not a religous propaganda forum. So pls keep your beliefs to yourself and dont force your views on others.

Everybody here is smart and educated enough to find out whats good or bad for him. So just take a chill pill and help people (if you can). Thats what this forum is meant for.

@simons:
Dear Simons, you and me are from same generation of Adam & Eve (may peace be upon them all). So should not get angry on any rational comment and should just remain polite for each other and have love for each other. EB forum involves life of human being and not machines and when they go to different country to live, they go with with many doubts and fears in mind about foreign religion, foreign culture, foreign laws and foreign living environment. Media has done a lot of damage in cultivating this fear over the years about life in Middle East. As far as religious thing is concerned, Islam itself says "lakum dinukum wali yadin" To your religion and to me, is mine. So there is no question about forcing any view on anyone. And its well known fact that Prophet Isha is considered as God-Sent Prophet to Muslims and Muslims use the term - peace be upon him - whenever his name is being spoken. So I wonder how you seem little bit angry and offended if you are christian. Furthermore, if everybody has been smart and educated enough, then they would read and understand patiently and would not get angry.

With warm regards,
Your brother in humanity
Asif Vahora

@asifhere This is a blog, people here looking for help. And all human being in this world have the same color blood no one have unique color. We human being unite we stand unite we fall. :dumbom:

@asifhere - Sorry Buddy, My Grey matter is not sufficiently developed to understand you !! :)

@dear brother wilson

You made me read what I write again and I did not find anything that prompt you to assume that I believe in any race or color. And I am do eager to help anyone.. In fact all world scripture convey the same message of god being one and supreme and I love each and every prophet and each and every verse in any scripture that address entire mankind and guide towards true guidance.
Love you all..

Dear Bhai( brother) asif,
You should read what we wrote at end.

Asifhere, none of us Christians is here *pushing* Christianity.  Conversely, we don't need you here pushing Islam.

This forum is not about converting people.  It's about respecting our differences and sharing information and advice.

Now get off your freakin' soapbox!

Alliecat wrote:

LOL..... Thanx for being on my side, for a change !! :P

Dear members,

We are getting off-topic here.
This thread is about giving views and advices about schools, not opinions on X or Y religion.
Could we please concentrate on the initial topic now ?

Thanks
Armand

saimans wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

LOL..... Thanx for being on my side, for a change !! :P

Yeah, I was tempted to be like YOU and side with him ... to teach you a lesson.

But I didn't :P

Alliecat wrote:

Alliecat!!! Stop It!!! My laughing is causing people to stare at me :shy

This topic is already off. Please Armand close the thread it will be better. We were not able to focus on the particular topic :offtopic:

As far as 'Arabic and Islamic component to the curriculum' is concerned, a non-muslim is thinking if it would be suitable for their kids. they must go through the syllabus themselves and find out if what they teach is good for their kids or not. Then should decide rather than depending on others view. As in general, muslims would say good things about it and people of other faith would be speaking from their first hand experience of islamic curriculum. So more rational approach should be for anyone to have first hand experience and a broad open mind to understand intentions rather than assumptions. I feel sorry for unnecessary discussion and for people getting carried away in emotions..

Divine intervention.

[Thread closed]

Closed