Hepatitis B infection

Dear BCC,

Are you dealing directly to the hospital for your medical result? Or you're just waiting from anyone in your company to give you your medical result?

Are you applying for a residence visa??? If you'll be staying to UAE for less than 6 months, I believe there's no need for you to undergo medical test. Please see below link:

http://www.dubaichronicle.com/life/heal … 5#more-245

You're also a Dutch national, I'm not sure if you'll be considered since you're not also working on the six categories. But the new MOH decree required anyone to undergo Hepatitis B screening, regardless of their profession. Here's the details:

http://www.xpress4me.com/articles/08/07 … 08423.html

I hope this information can help you. Again, good luck to you! I wish the best for you.

hi dear friend..,

one of my friend who had same problem wanted to get visa
but he didnt get the visa.he was in visit and he got the offer
when he went for prepare his health card before making visa(labour card-work permit)he was rejected and went back home.

where are you from by the way.

why dont solve your hepatitis?. and try to come.
as far as you know you have hepatitis take medication to solve it.you need to have nutritional health drink that help you to make your immanue system strong.take liquid chlorophyll to solve it.

and i will let you know some info about visa procedure..

regards,
/muhandi.

Dear Bcc,

Wish you Good luck from all of us, don't be disheart God is great either they keep you or not I am sure you will get better option in your future very soon if they deport you. GMDG had given you all the information which we discussed here.

I know you will be thinking too much as we even I had a painful last month when I was go through my medical. defiantly this will create embracement in your collogues but do not be afraid with them because this is not a bad think and 100000 of peoples carry this virus with out any reasons and they spend their lives as normal person this embracement come in picture only when this happened in our case as expats.
I should advise you if you can do it now or all of the members of this forum or new comers those will join us, do not let your medical test in your company PRO, because by doing this we can safe to any embracement which we have to face when our company knows about us and tells every body in the company.

Do not worry again we all pray for you.

God Bless you all and I hope you will get good news Inshallah.

Dear Muhandi,

Thank you very much for sharing and for your concerns.

On my case, 12 years ago when I learned that I am a carrier of this virus. I was applying for a job in SA then and was denied because of this thing. The doctor told me that I'm a chronic carrier and the virus may stay on my blood for even lifetime and there's no cure on this... besides there's nothing to cure because my liver is healthy. He told me that I can continue with my normal life and try to avoid too much alcohol and take good care of my liver. The doctor just recommended me to take some vitamins for liver.

Five years after that, I got married and got daughter and my daughter is now 5 years old... they're both negative with this virus... My question now is, How can they tell me that I am a threat to the health of UAE community? I arrived in UAE last 2007 and were issued a residence visa then because that time they're not checking for HBsAg if you're profession is not belong to the six categories. I'm working in an office profession.

I was denied on my second attempt for residence visa application. I was deported within a week and I left UAE with nothing on my pocket. Too bad to think that I lost too much money and end up nothing. Now, I just want to call the attention of the UAE authority to have a review on this and please reconsider expats like me. I don't have plans to come back anymore... I just want to help those people who will face the same problem and dilemma. We are not of great danger to this society. We are also human being and just went to UAE for livelihood.

Hi BCC,

Any update now? I'm really wondering on what happened to you. Same as I was worried because I feel what you're going through right now.

I hope you're doing fine. God Bless us all.

To readers out there,

THIS MESSAGE IS LONG>>>>> BUT IM SURE THIS IS USEFUL BECAUSE THIS IS A ONE WEEK OLD EXPERIENCE.

This is my case, I am raul, a certified public accountant, i came to UAE on a visit visa, immediately i was able to get a good job for a Dhs15,000 salary package. 

On October 10 2009, i was diagnosed to be positive in HEPATITIS B., i was unaware of it. UNFORTUNATELY, I WASNT ABLE TO GET A RESIDENCE VISA.

The SEHA hospital i the SOLE issuer of fitness certificate now in Abu Dhabi. This hospital made took two blood sample from me. after confirming that im positive with hepa B, i was requested to come back with our company PRO.  Immigration department fingerprinted me, took a picture and sent me on deportation to my country of origin.

IN FEW DAYS FROM NOW, I WILL BE GOING BACK TO MY COUNTRY EMPTY HANDED. IT IS UNFORTUNATE THAT THIS THINGS HAPPEND O ME.

for all those who are planning to come to UAE, i strongly suggest that you should take the following test first before coming to UAE
1. ALL hepatitis test
2. AIDS.HIV test
3. TUBERCULOSIS TEST.

these are the three sickess that are deportable case in UAE. you will definitely wont get a chance to get a residence VISA.

FOR THOSE WHO ARE RENEWING THEIR RESIDENCEY or TRANFERRING from OTHER COMPANIES BUT ALREADY WORKING IN UAE

i met three person who are positive in hepatitis B but LUCKILY, they received a FITNESS CERTIFICATE. i ask the doctors why, this is the story they told me. IF YOU ARE RENEWWING YOUR RESIDENCE OF TRANSFERING TO NEW COMPNY, 80% GET A FITNESS CERTIFICATE EVEN IF DIAGNOSED POSITIVE IN HEPA B. YOUR PAPER WILL BE FORWARDED TO OTHER OFFICE WHO WILL DECIDE IF THEY WILL GRANT YOU A VISA. WHICH 80% GET A FAVORABLE RESULT.

If you are newcomer to UAE, NO WAY YOU CAN GET A FITNESS CERTIFICATE. you will be deported to your country of origin. they will give you 10days to leave UAE. you will be finger printed, take your photo and put "BAN" on you.
For how long? the DOCTOR SAID indefinitely. They dont know.

Hope all new comer will be able to save some money thru this message.

on my case, i will be going back home tomorrow and can no longer comeback here.

"PS" THE HEAD OF THE INFECTIOUS DISEASES DEPARTMENT SAID THE LAW MIGHT CHANGE IN 2010. TO EXCLUDE OFFICE WORKER FROM THE LIST OF PERSON WHO WILL BE TESTED ON HEPATITIS. (tHIS IS STILL PENDING)

TO THOSE WHO WANT TO GET ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING MY CASE, YOU CAN SEND EMAIL HERE... [email protected] I WILL BE GLAD TO PROVIDE INFORMATION.

ASK FIRST TO GET SOME IDEA. I WENT THROUGH ALL THE HARDSHIPS ON MEDICAL, I CAN PROVIDE YOU USEFUL INFORMATION.

DONT LET MY SITUATION HAPPEN YOU.
GET INFORMATION FIRST.

CRAZYPROFESSOR

hi...I understand everyones feeling in this forum, I have the same case as you guys.. I got my medical result which is medically unfit,just last sunday(already my 2nd medical test conducted at al muhaisnah medical fitness center, maybe for confirmation I dont know)a chance that I can resolve this issue? Please I need your advice..wher do we need to go to make an appeal? Is there any chance that they grant me a resident visa if my husband wants me to stay (of course he wants me to be with him)..Please give me some advice on what to do... Im not on the profession wherein hepa b is strictly prohibited.. hoping for responses...

hope somebody response to my question...I am already educated with my disease and i already have this thing for about 2 years ago.. i already work in an office related field and have my regular checkup of SGPT and SGOT which is always in normal range, and before I leave my country of origin I got a clearance from my gastro that I am inactive and healthy carrier is there a chance that I can appeal it to the immigration dept.Will they listen to me or will not give me any consideration and send me back home...?

Please anybody here in this forum can give ther advice with me... I am currently here in dubai on a husband visa

Hi Jcc,

is this your visa renewal or new visa?
if it is visa renewal then they will consider your case.

what if it is a new visa? dont they consider it? even if i am just a house wife? and a healthy carrier? by the way what happened to your case?

to vengates..

thank you for the response, what if it is a new visa? dont they consider it? even if i am just a house wife? and a healthy carrier? by the way what happened to your case?

Dear All,
I am a professional and going through the same thing as all of you. I have also been in contact with someone senior at the health department (today) and was advised that the law could change in the next 2 weeks to a month whereby professionals will not be required to take Hep B tests (new applicants and those renewing). (I assume that health care, child care and food handlers will be required). Once it is changed, i am not sure how quickly it will take effect. My contact has asked me to be in touch in 2 weeks time for an update which I will do. As soon as I have updated information in 2 weeks, i will post it here.
Hope this helps.

to burdubai expat

Please inform us regarding the development of that rumor Im really hoping for that stupid law to change. Please keep in touch with this forum regarding that and can I if the information you've got comes from a reliable person? Hoping that that the implement that changes asap!!!!

Hi Jcc,

my wife's case also same us yours. she is a housewife and this is her new visa.i cancelled her previous visa because of my job change. i am trying to meet correct contact in MOH but i am not getting.

Guys, please advice the correct contact in MOH if you know

Dear BurDubaiExpat,

It's so nice to hear the good rumors about the development or revision of the law regarding the exclusion of Hepatitis B for certain professional categories on the deportable list.

I hope this will be true so we can give hope to those who are infected and still have plan to come back to UAE for livelihood. By keeping this forum up to date on the new MOH decree, we are helping our sisters/brothers suffering from this disease. That they'll still have chance to work.

Vengates, I can only give you the website of MOH in UAE:
http://www.moh.gov.ae/en/. I hope this can help you to find what you're looking for.

God Bless to all of us.

Hi Tohtiyev,
I went through the same thing....DIFC visa was declined and i had to leave the country within 7 days to have my visa cancelled. When the DIFC gave me my passport back they also gave me a document (in arabic) which apparently said my temporary work visa had been cancelled. At the airport there was no eye checks or fingerprint checks. The immigration took the documents in arabic and stamped that work visa was cancelled in my passport. I returned home to europe and came back to dubai under a visitor visa one week later. So there was no problem re-entering the country under a visit visa but I am not sure if this depends on the passport you hold.
Read also the other posts here for more information. As I wrote a week ago, there may be a change in the law re Hep B for professionals, but this has not been confirmed as yet
Hope this helps

Dear Tohtiyev,

Sorry for nobody answer on your questions quickly... I don't want to give you a misinformation as burdubaiexpat isn't also sure if it depends on the passport you hold.

On my case, yes they informed the detail to the immigration and police as well to tracking me until i get out of this country... they made eye finger prints in the airport immigration so I believe I cannot come back to UAE anymore even though my PRO told me that I can still come back in Visit Visa.

Me, also I have this thing long time ago and my family and kids don't have. Remember, I came to UAE for work 2 years ago and I am a good law abider... My job is in office category. I was very disappointed when I found out that I will be deported and need to go outside the UAE in 7 days. But what we can do? We are only expat in this country. I already invested too much money and I still owe the bank here in my own country until now. I'm just hoping that the law may change sooner regarding the reconsideration of HBV healthy carrier in UAE.

Good Luck to all of us.

Dear Tohtiyev

I'm so sorry for late reply....

I came back to my country and have new life, so I almost forgot here.....sorry-

I had almost same case as you-
In my case also the company cancelled my visa before expiry date, so I could stay 1 more month.....I got found in 12thAug
My visa was untill 25th/SEP so I got out on 13th/SEP
When I came to the airport, nothing was special...
I was treated same as another resigned employee from our company

Before when I asked to the company HR, they said there should be no problem to come back for visiting....they said I just can't get residence visa...I can come as visit or transit visa anytime-
So, In my opinion...If you didn't deported within 7days or somthing, If you r not tracked by police...I think You should be OK to come back anytime as a visit visa.....

How I got this post again was that, there was one guy who was asking me from another blog, He was transit in dubai and trying to come into dubai- and the immigration banned him even He changed his passport( Number and Photo).
So I was wondering why....how they still know that he got deported....
And even the immigration asked him that why he changed his passport? well,he changed for electronic passport though,
I really wish that someday I can visit dubai again....without worry or fear-and moreover this stupid law should b changed,
I'm still thinking, If they wanted to deport every HepaBs...
They shouldn't give visa from the beginning....

Hi Guys,

Good News!!!

yesterday i was with MOH senior officer and he confirmed that they are reviewing the issue this week.
we can expect some positive news at beginning of next week.

to vengates

Hi.. how sure you are that hey will review and change the rules regarding deportation for hepa b carriers? Hope they realized the stupidness of the rules asap.. that they implemented that it was violation of human rights. Dont worry god will guide their minds upon decisioning...

This is a good news!I will definitely check this next week and hope it'll be on the news.

vengates wrote:

Hi Guys,

Good News!!!

yesterday i was with MOH senior officer and he confirmed that they are reviewing the issue this week.
we can expect some positive news at beginning of next week.

Dear All:

whether is a hearsay or the truth about the MOH reviewing the Hepa B case let us all pray for it, to all who has Hepa B that were not able to secure their visa I do undesrtand how you feel for i was once in the same shoes as you are and scared to death.

but one thing i learned on this journey, life indeed is mysterious you never know what is going to happen next. but there is one thing that kept me going on. if there is a Hepa B, there is a God named Jesus that can heal it may not be physically but spiritually.

all of you are in my prayers, rules can change but his word will last forever. indeed it is difficult but learn to trust him, he will direct us to the right place.

i actually had an idea in mind, can we hire maybe an attorney or a legal consultant regarding this matter and a PRO as well, I'm sure if we only know how to speak arabic chances is we can get those approval right away.

i think its the time we move to the next level not just by keyboard but make some action, people do need help and let us start moving, lets use facebook, fs or any social group to make people aware what are we and what is Hepa B.the more they understand it the better chances we can get what is due to us.

your brother

Bobot

hello All
As i advised last week, i was to call the senior doctor on Nov 2 which I did. He advised that he still had no update but that he was waiting for the government to come back to him. He asked me to call him again next week which I will do.
In the meantime, found this interesting change in policy regarding Hep B testing in China: http://www.chinapost.com.tw/health/infe … atitis.htm

really a good start, and hope it's a light at the end of the tunnel.
China are ok with hep b; USA ok with HIV.....Hope soon UAE will be ok with  us.
After 7 years here in uae I was transferring to a new company September last year when I was found to have hepB and was sent home. I went through the same story as most of the guys here and went through the same anguish and punishment. Finding out about my infection was a blessing but the way hepB people are being treated here is a humiliating experience. I was able to stay in the country for 2weeks after the confirmation before heading home. I did not get eye scan or finger print in the airport on my way out and it was just a regular cancellation. I hold Philippine passport.
I came back here in Dubai just recently on visit visa. There was eye scan in the airport but I cleared it.
I'm just enjoying my time here for now and hope to hear good news soon.

just out of curiosity, what are they checking with the eye scan?

a friend told me that the eye scanner in the airport has nothing to do with cases of hepatits b or whatever kind of hepatitis... It was just like an I.D. if my friend is not mistaken just to proof that you are not a terrorist?

ah cool, thanks.

Hi everyone,
Happy to know that this forum is existing, i've been bothered by this problem eversince i've entered UAE, i was just lucky that i've passed the medical test for my 2 visas here,since i've been positive for HBsAg from the first time i entered here, however i cannot have piece of mind not until UAE authorities will changed their law about hepa b carrier.
To vengates and burdubaiexpat, please let us know the updates from MOH Senior Officer, we have to join hands to fight for this.
God Bless us all.

Hi burdubaiexpat,

I believe eye scanner in the airport has something to do with the confirmation of your identity (just like the thumb marks)... If you're holding 2 passports, you changed your passport, you change your name, etc. to mislead the authority... you'll be caught by the eye scanner.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all those post. It has been very helpful for my wife and me. I am working for 7 months in the UAE and now my wife wants to join me (as house wife). We applied for her visa but the medical test came negative “medically unfit”. She has Hepatitis B.

After seeing several doctors in a very short period, there was one doctor that really gave us the feeling he knows what he was doing. Because my wife applied for a visa and the medical test was negative, there is a chance that she will be banned from the UAE, the doctor said. That is why the doctor advised us to cancel the application process, hoping she can still can come to the UAE on a visitor visa.  So we cancelled the application process.

Now we are still not sure whether she is banned or not. Does anyone know how we could check this? The advise they gave me to test this was to go to Oman and see if she would get into Oman and back.
Do you normally get banned from visiting the UAE after negative test?

Thanks a lot

Hi..thanks that this kind of forum is existing esp here in uae...based on what i've read a person with a HEPB can work here in a case to case basis ryt??

So here is my queries.hope anyone could help me...I have a friend and this is the 3rd time she undergo for medical..but now they are saying that she did not pass the test for she is hepb possitive,Now,her PRO is saying the she needs to go home but she dint talk to her boss yet,is there any chance that she could have fitness certficate?or the rules in all emirates the same?

the PRO only gave her a small piece of paper ofcourse she could't read because its arabic..maybe this small paper is same what they gave to bobot?Please bobot and others..please help us what should we do.

FYI,she works in a company..She just got the news today after she do retest.

a million thanks!

What I read is that, if this is a new visa, there is no chance that your friend could get a residence visa.

Hi

Can anyone here advise me on what to do i am new here in dubai.I am in a husbnd visa and got my result as medically unfit because of HepB.Can i just leave and went home to my country without going to immigration department? Please advise me I dont know what to do.I am afraid that if I went to Immigration department they will put a lifetime ban on me and stamped it on my pasport or they will forced me immediately to go back home. I am planning to stay here until the last day of my husband visa expiration which is good for 2 months.

Please anyone who can help me please reply... thanks

Dear All, saw this in the Khaleej times about someone asking a friend to take their medical exam for them....not a good thing to do. However I do take exception to the journalist who described the woman as being sick. Just because someone is a Hep B carrier doesn't automatically mean they are sick with it. This is part of the problem in the way Hep B is understood and treated in the UAE and which the government realizes and hopefully will change soon.
http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArti … ber343.xml

I'm not sure IF and HOW the UAE Immigration put ban on expatriate who were been deported for having found hepatitis B carrier...

On my case, I'm not sure if I can still reenter UAE OR if they put ban on me... My PRO told me that I can still reenter the UAE on visit visa. But the way the airport immigration did on me. I believe I have a lifetime ban because they took eye scan, finger prints, and pics on me in the hospital and when I pass the immigration in the airport. But they didn't stamped anything on my passport except for the word "CANCEL" beside my entry stamp.

Can anyone please confirm if I'll get BAN or I can reenter UAE????

kharen wrote:

Hi..thanks that this kind of forum is existing esp here in uae...based on what i've read a person with a HEPB can work here in a case to case basis ryt??

So here is my queries.hope anyone could help me...I have a friend and this is the 3rd time she undergo for medical..but now they are saying that she did not pass the test for she is hepb possitive,Now,her PRO is saying the she needs to go home but she dint talk to her boss yet,is there any chance that she could have fitness certficate?or the rules in all emirates the same?

the PRO only gave her a small piece of paper ofcourse she could't read because its arabic..maybe this small paper is same what they gave to bobot?Please bobot and others..please help us what should we do.

FYI,she works in a company..She just got the news today after she do retest.

a million thanks!

Hi Kharen,

first it depends on the nature of her work, if shes on the food and service industry like parlor or barbershop then there is a big problem chances are negative, your friend need to go back home, but if his lin of work is more of a office type then he might have a chance again dpending on the PRO.

see like what i have said it all depends on the companys PRO and your boss, if they really need him then there are many ways but if not then sorry.

but still dont loose hope look at Zias i think he work on his own paper and later had the same result as mine, its better if he can contact Zias for he know better and pray that he PRO changes his mind and start to help him instead.

i hope this help

thanks for this forum i thought im alone carrier and yet obtained a residence visa.I am so afraid to be deported, i could even go to see a Dr. for any medication and advice. I am not sure if i can still obtain residence visa nextime ill have it for renew.I have read in one site that it only depends on the nature of the job you are into such as servants, maids, healthcare, nurse,,but that was lastyear im not sure what is the updates now. midge can you tell my which clinic and where you do your test? ive been searching  so long bout this disease what possible medication i can do kinda lose of hope. i feel so helpless cause i thought im alone.

hi jajuchi you said you are a carrier since 1993 and yet your wife and kids are negative? let me ask you one thing, have they done vaccination? im a carrier and im so afraid for my husband been married for 3 years and he havnt done any vaccination. so pls midge help me out here if you can refer me to your Dr. who have done the test for you want to meet her to get vaccine for my husband.

Hi!
I've got the same problem like everybody here. After changing job and having medical test, was detected HBsAg positive and deported to my country (without eye scanning and fingerprints at the airport). Having made all the necessary tests there, I was found out a healthy carrier and dont need any treatment. I changed my passport(I am a holder of a Russian passport)  and applied for the tourist visa but for some reason it was rejected. I applied through another sponsor and strange...my visa was opened without any problems Now I am back to UAE and think what it's possible to do about the bans and the whole situation.
I've got a question to VENEGATES and BURDUBAIEXPAT....Guys, is there any news about changing regulations for hepa B test? If you also have some useful information, pls share it with me...