Female maid for single ??? Allowed????

Hello,

I am a single male engineer expat here in Riyadh.
Does anyone knows if its ok to have female maid coming couple hours a day to clean and cook? I don't live in a compound, living in apartment building in the city.

Or is this not allowed for singles?

Thank you

istanbul123 wrote:

Hello,

I am a single male engineer expat here in Riyadh.
Does anyone knows if its ok to have female maid coming couple hours a day to clean and cook? I don't live in a compound, living in apartment building in the city.

Or is this not allowed for singles?

Thank you

Hi,
Sorry not allowed, but i think you can ask male to clean and cook for u

No taste

Hahahahahaah....yeah right! It's a nice thought, though.

hi istanbul123: I am sure you are new in KSA :D

wow, its that bad.

I really though it would be ok if she didn't live there, just come and go.

I guess i have to continue eating eggs and burgers....and live in my dusty place....

Thank you all

istanbul123 wrote:

wow, its that bad.

I really though it would be ok if she didn't live there, just come and go.

I guess i have to continue eating eggs and burgers....and live in my dusty place....

Thank you all

you can eat outside as most of singles do, but you have to clean you home, can't live in dusty place and this not a reason to live in dusty place :)

Hi istanbul123, and welcome to Expat.com!

I hope that other members will be able to help you.

Regards,
Harmonie.

Istanbul123, welcome to the forum and to KSA!  There are many  'houseboy's'  or cooks that work in the city.  Im sure that you can ask some co-workers or friends and they will be able to assist.  Unfortunately, the female housekeeper is out unless your on a compound.

Sounds like your looking for more than a housemaid.  Maybe you should post a classified!   

Yes, singles do have apartments & villas on the compounds and yes, many have female housekeepers...  The key is to get on a compound.

I know several Diabetics who cook and manage for themselves...  :D

And again, there are 'male' cooks that can assist with that!  But the going rate for a full-time HM on a compound is btw 2000 -3500SR per mo.  I suspect if you have a small place then those figures would be on the lower side.

I stayed in a hotel for a few months and the male housekeepers were totally inefficient and incompetent. Then, some guys experimented with a male housekeeper in our tiny compound, and everyone agreed he was useless.  WOmen just do a better job. It's not sexist or anything like that. Just the plain fact. They are better housekeepers than most male employees doing the same work.

Dave - Point taken!  :)  Best of luck to you in your search!

Glad to hear that there is one thing that men think women can do better and I totally agree. Hahah My mum had a "houseboy" in Namibia and she was very happy with him.

hi man ,

if you are in riyadh you can ask in OM-ALHAMAM area , you can find african female maid

sattam wrote:

hi man ,

if you are in riyadh you can ask in OM-ALHAMAM area , you can find african female maid

hi
what about jeddah ?

I would not employ a male to do my house work, so in KSA I'd prefer do it myself then. This has nothing to do with what the perverted ones in here are thinking but women are better at caring for a home and tend to you if you become ill.

I disagree. WOmen just are better at domestic engineering than men. MOst of the men housekeepers I've seen here in KSA are incompetent. I just clean myself. I'll do a better job.

istanbul123 wrote: I guess i have to continue eating eggs and burgers

hahaha! that's the life here!

johnnyringo42 wrote:

tend to you if you become ill.

Surely you don't think a house maid will tend you if you become ill ?!?  :dumbom:

Surely you don't think a house maid will tend you if you become ill ?!?

lol

Yes dear
seems no option except eating burger and eggs etc.
May be with the passage of time you will be good cook and " male maid" for your self. As it is the fate of hundreds of expats here.
Any how good luck for your surch.

Surely you don't think a house maid will tend you if you become ill ?!?

HAHAHAHAH! :p

it is ALLOWED in YOUR DREAMS! :D
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

if you are not in the apartment at the time of cleaning who is going to come to your front door and check who is cleaning the place? of course it is not 'legally' allowed and of course it does go on..........behind closed doors in ksa many things do happen which are all far from legal. in the compound i stay on the place is full of 'runaway maids' they seem to get by despite the saudi laws. they charge enough for their cleaning services that they go home wealthier than having a regular legal job