20 years old trying to move..

ehi guys, what's the best place for a 20 years old guy moving to california looking for job and surf? i'm looking for a place where to find a good job and location to live, but also a place with cool people and a bit of fun..

Hello Rik_,

Welcome to Expat.com.

I may suggest you to download the PDF US Expat Guide, I'm sure that this will help you.

Good luck,
Harmonie.

San Diego man...I'm from California and it's great. But I have lived all over the good old USA....I miss  it after being overseas about a month.
It's one of several places I'd recommend.

Did you mean live in California for good ?

And on what visa are you getting ?

California is a great place to live.  A lot of people from the eastcoast move to California and therefore a lot of things you have to consider such as visa, job, etc...

Rik_ wrote:

ehi guys, what's the best place for a 20 years old guy moving to california looking for job and surf? i'm looking for a place where to find a good job and location to live, but also a place with cool people and a bit of fun..

yes, i mean living in california for good. is the situation with visas complicated? what visas will i need?

There are many types of visas, by individual, family sponsored or through an employer.

I-155 permanent residency or green card (family sponsored)
H - visa (employer or by individual)
L - visa (employer or by individual)

To get approval to immigrate to the US really depends on your education and trade skills and financial status.

You can get more information here

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

Rik_ wrote:

yes, i mean living in california for good. is the situation with visas complicated? what visas will i need?