Teenage Life ?

Hello guys. I will be shifting to Riyadh this July.
How is the life in Riyadh for a teenager ? Should I have to face too much restrictions ?

Viku wrote:

Hello guys. I will be shifting to Riyadh this July.
How is the life in Riyadh for a teenager ? Should I have to face too much restrictions ?

HELL YA!

Life in Saudi.. is in a very politically correct term- "Different". and for teenagers who come from a complete contrast of cultures, more so. It is a bit difficult for the youngsters to adapt to the norms and cultures that are imposed by the law here.

But then that does not mean that you cant have fun. there are ways as always to circumvent around the rules and regulations and with that comes a certain degree of risk which if you can handle, things will be just as fine.

:D:D
But july and riyadh, the most important factor at the  time will be the heat! and that would be absolutely unbearable at times.

Welcome to the sandy, hot desert!

Cheers!

@Redgoblin. Thank You for your reply :) Can you tell me which thing is NOT banned here in KSA ? :P Does the rule of not mingling with the opposite sex also be implemented on me ? :O Cause I am not 18 yet, so there should be some sort of leverage for little kids like me :P

Well I am used to this kind of heat, so will easily manage it. :)

No viku or waqas.......like or teenage boys are lovely:)

Who is Waqas :o

just like tht:P

Hello Viku,
I hope that other members will help you.

Regards,
Harmonie.

Thanks Harmonie :)

Welcome Viku to the Forum!   Many young men your age thrive here in the country, but you have to be careful, as in any location, with who you hang with.  It will be a wonderful experience if you can embrace the more conservative culture and learn to work the system.  Hopefully you'll be living on a compound where things are a little less strict.  Im sure the friends you'll meet at school will assist you with the challenges.  Best of luck to you!

Thank You for your reply CAF.
Well yeah I have to adjust to this place anyhow. And yes, It will be fun learning new culture, new traditions, and new LANGUAGE :D
Unfortunately, I will be not be living in compound.

Viku

Based on your notes, you will be just fine and things will get better when school starts.  Enjoy yourself!

Thanks CAF :) Btw, what does CAF stand for ? :p

depends upon the grp of friends you will make ;)

@funkydelicguy. Haha, Yeah I got It :P

Basically Saudi sucks.

You'll never have any fun off the compound and very little on it.

Stay in your room and use the 'net.

Circumpunct - Welcome to the forum!  You sound  a bit lonely...  Sorry to hear that you are not having a good time here in the Kingdom.  I see you not in Riyadh, so that may be the issue,   I suspect the compound has some activities that you can participate in, so why not take the plunge and join in the fun?  Staying in your room all the time is going to driver you nuts.  Open up a bit and embrace the good things that you have, which I'm sure are many.  Be positive!  It will pull you through the rough patches.  Good luck!

DO NOT COME.

liteworld wrote:

DO NOT COME.

:/
Can you explain please?

NO.

@liteworld: you just joined and already picking at Armand? hmm.. I am just saying.. :D

liteworld wrote:

NO.

Hope you will have a better answer from other members when needing help ;)
Wrong start i've got to say :)

That was the best answer you would get from people around here.

Hi there,

I am assuming that you will live in a compound and that is a good start for you to make friends in the first phase of your stay. There are some rules and restrictions you should follow depending on your gender. Having fun in Riyadh and practicing sports or whatever activity you like is achievable but indoors or fenced areas.
Best of luck. :) and welcome to Rio.

[Moderated: You can keep this comment for yourself]

ya its depends the group of friends u make , every thing is avalable but after real serch ;)

[Moderated: You can keep this comment for yourself]
This is just another example of "Freedom of Speech" which you can find plenty around here.
Thanks for making my point clear.

[Moderated: free ad is not allowed on the forum, please post in Riyadh classifieds]

Marina

Thanks but you are :offtopic:  You may want to repost this ad in the classifieds section...