Landing at MEX with my cat

Hello,
I'll be moving to Mexico in Dec, arriving in terminal 1 around midnight.  Can anyone tell me how to find the SAGARPA-SENASICA to certify her health?  Will it be right there in the terminal 1 customs area?  Any other tips or advice for me?  Thanks, I'd like to make this as stress free for her as is possible.

moirawalsh wrote:

Hello,
I'll be moving to Mexico in Dec, arriving in terminal 1 around midnight.  Can anyone tell me how to find the SAGARPA-SENASICA to certify her health?  Will it be right there in the terminal 1 customs area?  Any other tips or advice for me?  Thanks, I'd like to make this as stress free for her as is possible.

https://www.aicm.com.mx/dependencias/sagarapa-senasic

Google Translation:

"If you travel with your dog or cat

In Mexico, only dogs and cats are considered pets!

Upon entering Mexico ...

You must contact the official staff of SAGARPA-SENASICA to carry out a Zoosanitary Certificate of import of your pet, for this purpose, the officer will perform a physical and documentary inspection, to verify compliance with the following requirements:

Present a Certificate of Good Health (valid for 15 days from the date of issue, or the validity indicated by the health authority of the country of origin / origin if it is official format) in original with the following elements: Issued by a veterinarian official of the competent authority or if it is particular, on letterhead, indicating the professional identification number, accreditation number or equivalent, and submit an autograph signature (in ink, not electronic) Name and address of the exporter (in country of origin or origin) and of the importer (destination address in Mexico). Date of application of the rabies vaccine and its validity (animals under 3 months of age are exempt). That in the pre-trip inspection, the or the animals were clinically healthy. That the animal or animals have been dewormed internally and externally, within the previous six months and are free of ectoparasites. With the above, you should contact a Veterinarian (of your choice and on your own in Mexico), who will issue the health certificate and apply the corresponding treatment. The official or coadjuvant staff will perform the documentary verification and physical inspection, which must include the review of the mucous membranes (oral, nasal and conjunctival), natural holes, ears, temperature, folds, skin and fur, to rule out the presence of ectoparasites and infections, tumors or skin wounds.
In the event that the animal has ectoparasites, lesions and / or skin infections such as scabies, dermatomycosis, dermatophilosis, alopecia or similar, admission will be allowed as long as the diagnosis and treatment of the condition is presented, issued by a Veterinarian entry point, on letterhead paper, with professional printed identification number or photocopy of it (or its equivalent). The costs you represent will be borne by the importer.Your pet must enter a transporter or container, clean, without a bed, without implements or accessories (toys, treats, prizes or other objects, made with ingredients of ruminant origin), otherwise , will be removed for destruction. The transporter or container will receive a preventive treatment by spraying by the official personnel of SAGARPA-SENASICA; You can enter with your collar, leash, etc. You can enter the ration of the day of balanced feed in bulk. We remind you that in Mexico this type of food is available that has the Registration and Authorization of SAGARPA-SENASICA.If you send your pet documented as cargo, check the requirements in the airline of your choice and consider the need to use the services of a customs agent for its release before Customs. The issuance of the Animal Health Certificate for the importation of pet dogs and cats is free."

"Terminal 1 AICM.
Ing. Héctor López Dávalos
Av. Captain Carlos León s / n, Sala International  “E”, Terminal 1, Mexico City International Airport, Col. Peñón de los Baños, Del. Venustiano Carranza, Mexico City, C.P 15620
Switch Tel. 52 (55) 59051000 Ext. 52170 to 52174, Tel. 35443075 to 77,
e-mail: oisaaicmsalae@senasica.gob.mx

Terminal 2 AICM.
Ing. Leticia Rentería López
Av. Mexican Air Force, Esq. Alberto Santos Dumont s / n
Col. Civil Aviation, Federal Zone, Del. Venustiano Carranza, City of
Mexico, C.P. 15740
Tel. (55) 43130154; 43130155 and 43130152
e-mail: oisaaicmterminal2@senasica.gob.mx

Opening hours at the AICM: 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

If you come from within the Republic, the procedure can be done at the Agricultural Health Inspection Offices (OISA), which are located at the airports."