Horses, Beach, Safe, local area to reside in?

Hi there! Wife and I have children (toddlers) and looking for a safe place to stay for a while (months), with potential to relocate permanently.

We love horses & the beach.

Looking for safe area to live in.

Internet is a must as I work online everyday.

Any pointers on where (what towns) we should look, to find all these asks?

We're ready to move this March 2020 and willing to visit sooner!

Thanks so much on advance!!

- XpatJon

Xpatjon wrote:

Hi there! Wife and I have children (toddlers) and looking for a safe place to stay for a while (months), with potential to relocate permanently.

We love horses & the beach.

Looking for safe area to live in.

Internet is a must as I work online everyday.

Any pointers on where (what towns) we should look, to find all these asks?

We're ready to move this March 2020 and willing to visit sooner!

Thanks so much on advance!!

- XpatJon

I would say that the southern part of the country would meet those needs if you can handle humidity and heat. Unfortunately the more north you go the riskier the living gets. The closer to the border the riskier.  A less big city is safer, and less gated community is safer. If you speak Spanish that is a big plus because blending instead of standing out is safer.
Internet is pretty good most of the time, I have better luck here than I ever did with Comcast in the U.S.

I suggest a quick visit to look around. From my perspective, I would visit Merida, Playa del Carmen, Chetumal and many tiny cities along the coast like Sisal. If it were me I would rent a car and drive down the coast. Be aware there are toll roads.

None of this means that popular places like Rosarita, Mazatlan, Puerto, Vallarta ,Mexico and Guadalajara, etc. are not nice to see, but safe and interesting are not the same thing and you have small children.

Hi "Xpatjon", great info given by "travellight" but to move permanently to Mexico the process starts in your home country at the Mexican consulate near you.

Also, they are numerous small towns on the Riviera Nayarit including ours (La Penita de Jalemba) where many locals have horses and events. There's also a equine site called J.E.E.P. (Jaltemba Equine Education Project) and also an animal refuge center called JBAR (Jaltemba Bay Animal Rescue)
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_ … Coast.htmlhttps://jaltembabayanimalrescue.com

Adios y buen dia a todos, GyC.

Thank you!!  We really appreciate the information you provided. Hope you have a great weekend!!

A lot of people go south and seem to be afraid of the north and anything close to the border...I did too. But my husband, a native of Michoacan with no desire to relive there, found us Puerto Penasco,  Sonora and it is full of expats, it's on the beach and most importantly being a tours spot it is very safe!

Consider San Jose Del Cabo. Family community 30 minutes away from Cabo San Lucas. Very safe.Great restaurants, art galleries, entertainment, beaches, (horses), etc, etc. Easy flight in and out at great airport. Good luck!