An interesting pub in Abuja

I just spent a month in Lagos and found a great pub (called the Step Inn).Next week I am moving to Abuja and would love advice on a pub that has some character to it with a healthy mix of local and expats. Or simply...where can I go in Abuja to enjoy a drink and meet other Expats. Thanks for any advice...David

Hi Islandave!

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Armand

There aren't any similar places in Abuja. About the closest you'll get are the bars at the Hilton & Sheraton.

Hi Islandave, lol, there are nice places here but a mix of nature you would enjoy... checkout studiz garden @ Garki 2. its luvly place... Hoping to meet you soonest. Regards...

salamanders in wuse 2 is cool for breakfast and lunch

I wouldn't advice Hilton or Sheraton, security wise it is a soft target, it is expensive and difficult to have quiet moment with all these "random" girls hunting for the Oyibo!! I discovered a new place called the Beer Barn in Wuse 2. Beers are cold, very good sandwiches, efficient staff, reasonable prices, good crowd, good music and nice decoration and layout, Located  72 Aminu Kano crescent wuse II - 08033113559 near to Krystal Lounge. take care

The British Council has a nice rooftop bar/restaurant

you can also check out d' bamboo bar and grill in abuja.
the band plays Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays! 7.30pm.
D'Bamboo Bar & Grill is located at Blakky's Plaza beside Yahuza Suya (AP Plaza), Wuse 2. enjoy!!!!!!!

Elephant bar at Sheraton, bars in Hilton?

Beer barn at wuse 2 is the best so far.