Engineer and Recruitment Consultant ask for advice

Please give me advice, thank you in advance!

My boyfriend is a Mechanical Engineer (2-3 years of experience), and I am Recrutiment Consultant (6 years of experience). We are interested in moving to Dubai(and will get married before, as everyone told us it is better to be married?).

We both apply to vacancies, but my dilemma is:
should we both find the job while we are stil in our country (to be on the safe side that we both will get visa and job) or, when one of us gets the job to go there (as married couple) and then another person to search for job from Dubai.
People say an apartment should be asked for (as a package), so we plan to do like that. 

Are we realistic with our plans??? Can you give us some advice, please...

I heard that the best is if we could go there and negotiate directly, face-to-face with employer, but we don't plan to spend 5000 EUR or so, not knowing if we will get the job, spend months without salary... (Now we are employed).

There are still jobs here but for both of  you to take a risk would be costly. I advice you that your boyfriend comes first and if he finds a job you can follow. Living together is not a problem as long as you have a marriage contract authenticated by the UAE embassy in India. Just make sure that your boyfriend can get a job that pays 4000 dirhams up, the requirement for a husband's visa. If he is not an Engineer or Architect or a nurse it is impossible that he gets a pay higher than 4000 so that's about it.